Christmas in Granada!


Advertisement
Published: December 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

FELIZ NAVIDAD!!!!!!
We want to wish our family and friends a very Merry Christmas!!! We hope that all of you had a great few days and wish that all of you were able to get some days off of work so that the days were spent with family. You were all greatly missed on these days when family and friends are charished most. We have enjoyed our time here at Christmas but it is still not the same. with snow and all...... hehe!
But we do sincerely hope that all of you have had a great christmas!!!!!!!!
Side note: we were finally able to post pictures so take a look on our last 3 blogs posted.

THe last week and half have been very good, mainly because we spent 5 days with Curtis´family! Curtis´sisters wedding was very romantic! Plus we really enjoyed the very nice room, all you can eat and drink for a few days after a few months of super budgeting. It was really nice being with family.
After we left the resort we made our way through the crazy Nicarauga border and found ourselves in San Juan Del Sur. San Juan is a very nice beach town where surfing is the main thing to do. As we did for the firt time. And is was very fun except for the abundant amount of jellyfish that repeatedly stung us throughout our lesson. OUCH! No seriuosly, it really did sting alot. One of the waves, both of us caught it and we got to surf together side by side. It was very cool but of course we have no pic fot it. That day was very nice and we also got to see a nice ocean view sunset.
Post San Juan we took a "chicken bus" (public bus/ yellow school bus) to Granada. The only words to describe this experience would be...couped up like a chicken in a very hot bus that makes VERY frequent stops! And it was only for 2 hrs. In Granada we managed to find our way down unlabeled streets to our hotel, a sanctuary in the rough streets of Nicaragua. A beautiful abode it was after negoiating the people packed market to get there. Our days here were very peaceful. One day we went to Masaya, a town 16KM away that has a very busy local market and a not so full touristy market, both of which we ventured through. The bus "station" was very....distraught and dirty. This country is familiar to Cambodia in its raw nature, and "chuck the garbage out the window" policies. The market was okay, as everyone sells virtually the same as the next. But the crowds and the bus rides here are so unique that it is hard to find the words. Christmas eve was spent siting otuside on a nice street having dinner. With young children doing break dancing on the street to earn money. One of them no older than 8 and probably the best one of the group. Christmas Day was spent by the pool of our hotel and walk to the Nicaragua Lake.
You were all in our thoughts today! We hope to write soon again as tommorow we are off to Ometepe Island.
Talk to you all soon!
Monica and Curtis

Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0327s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb