Language school drop out!


Advertisement
Published: January 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi all, thanks for the replies, this system seems to be working well. We heard that there is snow in Gibsons....horrors! We know there is snow in PG, but that is the way it is supposed to be. Today (Sabado/Saturday), is the first really hot hot day and even then there is a little breeze.
Day two of our trip I was felled completely with a massive Migraine, complete with the stomach upset that comes with it. Today I am better stomach wise, but still stuggling to get the headache under control. thank goodness for the large batch of pills I brought. I am systematically trying one of everything in turn to see what happens...so far not much. Thus so far I have not been able to get back to class. There are only 2 days left so probably won't get there at all. Klaus however, is heading off each morning at 8 AM for four hours of intensive study. I am sure he is becoming very very good! He finds it very difficult he tells me. We are really not used to concentrating for such long periods of time.

Our family living situation continues to be fine and we are quite used to the routine now. The momma cooks way too much food, or perhaps it is the heat, but we seem to leave most of it. This morning Klaus had stewed chicken for breakfast instead of eggs...I think it was the left over dinner or lunch that we did not eat yesterday.

This is a city of many contrasts..There are several beautiful buildings in the main square which have been lovingly restored and painted bright colours. Here and there through the city there is the odd building the same. There seems to be a middle class, but still lots of poverty, more poverty than great wealth is visible. It is amazingly quiet here too. The streets are broad but there are not many cars. There are lots of horses and wagons though. and tons of bikes, most very old.

We have walked a lot and have gone out each evening and we feel perfectly safe. Everyone seems friendly and helpful when we ask directions. Tomorrow (Sunday) K is taking the day off school and we are doing a volcano tour in the morning and a Canopy tour in the afternoon....this is where you are harnessed in and swing through the trees from platform to platform...They assure us it is safe and can be done by people our age.

We have hooked up with Evi and Ivan from Gibsons. Had lunch with them today and will meet them again for dinner. They are going to be here for 6 weeks, and will go to language school at the Beach at San Juan del Sur which is to be our next stop.

Hope all is well with you,
Klaus and Fran

Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0188s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb