St. Anne Carnival


Advertisement
Published: February 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

St. AnneSt. AnneSt. Anne

One of the queens
Carnival time! Every day there is a parade, do not believe the tourism office paper work, it never happens at the correct hour. We soon learned that 1600 hours is to early, more like 1800. It is crazy time. The locals dress up, have these parades with music, same as Gasparilla type thing. The costumes are not very dressy, not like Trinidad or Rio. It was interesting, the 1st group, 1dt night were playing the CONGA. How much Cuban music is here? You hear it all over the place, French love this type of music. Needless to say, our blood runs hot when we hear this type of music. We both waited for all the bands or groups to go by, they come around 3 times before disbanding, St. Anne more like a village. 2nd time around, Pete and I fell in step behind the 1st band, yeah, we danced in the streets. The security guards came by us, we expected to be told to leave, but he smiled at us, gave us the high up thumb, and we continued. This is why we are here! To have fun, see the cultures, etc.
The Diable Rouge group had the best costumes.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

instruments usedinstruments used
instruments used

All very basic, some drums


Tot: 0.246s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 64; dbt: 0.1258s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb