Copan is beautiful


Advertisement
Published: June 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Copan Ruinas



Copan Ruinas
Robertson
We got to Copan Ruinas which is the name of the little village right next to the ruins. There is a town called Copan that's a little bit away that was a bit confusing since that's not where you stay if you want to see the ruins. The village is small and beautiful. The book says it has cobbled streets but it's not what you think of cobbled. It's more like streets made out of random stones here and there. Pretty uneven but cobbled, I guess. You can walk anywhere you want but there are some things that you want to take a little taxi to since it's at the top of a huge hill or side of a mountain like the bird santuary that we went to. The little taxis in this area are like the tuktuks in Thailand or the rickshaws in India. Exactly the same. I've also noticed that there are some houses that have the same design with their little porches that mirror ones we saw in the islands of Thailand. Weird.

We stayed in a placed called La Casa de Cafe. I recommend this place to anyone! It's midrange in pricing so it may not be a good idea if you're on a budget...or you should spring for this place if you are on a budget as a little gift to yourself because it was great! It was beautiful and the people who run it (Sid at the time) are very accomodating. They make sure your stay is very comfortable and relaxing. Can you tell I loved this place. We were all amazed by it.

The ruins themselves were also amazing and beautiful. I actually remembered little parts of it from being a kid here. The hierglyphs are preserved really well as well as most of the structures. This is a place to put on your must-see-before-you-die list.

I´ll post pictures as soon as I can so you guys and check it out.

Miss you guys...Love you Chance!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0239s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb