UTILA.....The Island that sucks you in so you don´t want to leave!!!


Advertisement
Published: September 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Finally we made it to Utila on the morning of Thurday 29th July after the 3hour bus journey from San Pedro and then the hour ferry which defintely made helen feel very sea sick! The journey over the past 2 days had defos taken it out of us a bit but we were all so anxious and excited about what Utila had in store for us! The night before we had stayed in San Pedro in a hostel called Tamarindos. We had heard all sorts of crazy things about San Pedro and the safety of it however when we arrived there on Wednesday nightm we were kind of suprised seeing as the city was by far the most modernised than any of the other Central American cities we had previously seen. However, I think the dangers are more linked to the gangs that are around...something like M something or other that will shoot tourists then and there on the spot! NIce! Anyway, as you can imagine, when us three rocked up at the hostel at 8.30pm that wednesday night and we wanted food, we were pretty concerned about how safe it was to actuallty walk out at night! The friendly guy running the hostel was like no its finne, its only 5 blocks away and it is safe! We decided to go for it and good job we did as we experienced Baleada Express! Our favourite Fast food place ever!!! This place does baleadas which are the local dish but in a fast food chain and they are soooooo yummy and cheap! score we thought! To be honest we were all pretty delirious after the full days travels and were just happy to have a good meala and an air con room to sleep for the few hours we had left before having to wake up at 4.15am....ouch so we could get teh early bus to La Ceiba in time to get the 9.30am ferry to UTILA!!!!!

Ok so now back to Utila! What a crazy crazy place! The island literally just sucks you in so you don´t want to leave as you become so accustomed to the way of life there which literally consists of diving, sun bathing, chilling with everyone, partying and this continues! What a life!

Thursday: The ferry was also our first encounter with Ryan and Simon from Florida. Ryan was later to become a funny friend who we would constantly see out and have numerous hilarious chats with! We knew that we wanted to head to Altons dive centre as we arrived in Utila so the man who worked for them picked us up in his mini bus. To this day we still don´t know the guys name but he was a dude that would just give us lifts in his air con van whenever he would see us walking down the street....bearing in mind the island was tiny we usually passed over the offer and walked but all the same, it was a kind gesture. We also met on the ferry the three Centrall americans, two guys and girl who would be doing the same diving course as Hels and I and Sarah would be sharing our dorm. However, we had mixed views on these guys as you will later find out due to a certain situation. Anyway, once at Altons, we were shown around and decided that we would start our advanced open water the next day! Our dorm was incredibly hot and pretty cramped so we definiteky didn´t want to be spending too long in there but Altons was fab. It had a gorgeous dock out onto the sea where there were two levels with hammocks and palm tree umbrellas. It was also tradition to jump off the top of the dock into the sea which was pretty high but we all got initialted and did that fair enough that afternoon. The rest of thursday afternoon was just spent chilling and soaking up the rays and getting to know a few of the people there. We decided that we should make our own meal that night and made some sort of chilli chorizo rice dish which turned out pretty well! The only blow was when we realised that our 2 litre bottle of rum had gone missing in the space of an hour and the only peopel that had access to it were the three central american who were on the same ferry as us! Okay, so there was a bit of a conflict here and when we went and confornted them, all that Thomas could say was ´hahaha, you shouldn´t leave alcohol in a hostel fridge duh!...suspicious much¿! Anyway,we went back out and got some more alcohol but were pretty annoyed with them! That night we also found ourt that everyone on Utila started going out a lot earlier than we were used too so we werre pretty much the last ones out from Altons. We headed down the street to coco locos but whilst walking the dog from Altons, Zoe ended up following us all the way to the club and we couldn´t get her back to the dive shop. Simon her owner who was also one of the dive instructors wndeed up chatting to us as he was at the club and when he realised we were vets, he asked if we could give her her injections for delaying her season as he wanted her to have puppies when he was at home but all the bitches in Utila when they are on heat get harrasses big time by the local dogs! Anyway, after chatting with Simon, we had a fairly chilled night as we were all still feeling it from the 2 hard core days of travelling but we definiteky had good vibes about this place!

Fridary - So Friday was the start of our Advanced open water course. Hels and I had decided to do the NAUI one instead of the PADI as you could do more dives, you had to do the night dive, you got to dive deeper and there was no huge manual you had to buy like for PADI. We just started off with our fun dive and the photograph dive this time to ease us all back into it.Hels and I had a lot of fun taking numerpus stupid pictures of ourselves under the water and pulling funny faces whilst removing eachothers regulators. Whilst diving for the afternoon, Els had been soaking up the sun getting her tan on and we had heard from one of the canadian guys stayong at Altons about Sylvia and the special cakes! ylvia was a french lady who would come cycle along the street everyday selling her chocolate cake and her special cakes! Luca swore by them apparently so that afternoon we sampled them. Massive fail as instead of making us very giggly they made us incredibly sleepy. We ended up going to drink on the dock after having some dinner and shortly after sitting down we had our first encounter with Fifi the nighttime security guard and Captain Willy the one eyed mutant dog! haha. Fifi was hilarious although slightly bizarre, we found out later in the week that he was permanently drunk whilst on duty and when he started chatting to us we just couldn´t get away! He started chatting to us about the locals of utila and how tourism and tourists have taken over...it was quite a deep chat but us three in our very sleep hazy minds at the moment in time found it hilarious! We finally got to make an excuse as to why we had to go but by then we were so tired that we just called it a night and went to bed.

Saturday - Saturdays dives were great. We were doing our deep and navigation dive this day so had a bit of theory in the morning and then spent the afternoon diving. On the deep dive we had to do a test for Nitrogen Narcosis which is basically to see whether you have gone into a state of sort of drunkeness and euphoria due to the depth. Apparently this can make you do all sorts of funny and maybe dangerous things. Simon had told us a story of why he would never do a deep dive again because apparently when he took one girl down once, she got such extreme nitrogen narcosis that she ended up turning off his air supply and swimming away, only to not remember a thing when they resurfaced! Scary! So the nitrogen narcosis test was basically a chart of 20 numbers mixed up and when we got to 40m we had to point at the, in order whilst nouching our nose between each number. This got timed and then we did again when we were on the surface in the boat and needless to say I was 1 minute faster when on the surface so the depth did have a sort of effect on me. The other thing we did at 40m was crack an egg under the water. The yolk at this pressure stayed whole which was very cool so we were able to hit it about and play catch! The navigation dive was somewhat hilarious, put it this way, I don´t think you would ever want helen and I leadig the way in a dive seeing as when we were told to use the compass to navigate a square, we both came out with triangles the first time! massive fail! However, we did get to see aa nurse shark sleeping on this dive which was pretty cool. I loved the boat rides to and from the dives, the captain wuold just pump up the music and it would always be like a mini party on the wyay back to the dive shop. Saturday night was the night of the booze cruise. They tidies up the boat and put a mini bar on it and then took us all around the harbour a few times with music pumping during sun set! WHen we got back to Altons, there was a bbq avaialable but a large group of us weren´t reallythat keen on spending that much money on dinner so we all hit Big Mamas! This night was our first proper encounter with Sarah, a true friend to be who we were to have many good nights partying with! In big Mamas, we had the SUper Baleada....apparently a big must which did indeed turn out to be SUPER! Before realising how big it was going to be, Hels had sworn to RIch that she would be able to eat it all! Rich was not convinced however, when Hels proved him wrong he was very impressed!After dinner we all headed back to the dock for drinks and again, Fifi joined us all! His take on photography was pretty hilarious as he insisted on turning off the dock lights everytime he toook a photo of us all. That night I did start to feel a wee but sick! I still blame it on Sarah´s very rummy drinks!!! Haha! So unfortunately I called it an earlyish night after being out in Tranquila for a while as the thought of doing shots made me feel pretty sick! Nice.

Sunday - This was our last proper day of diving and so the morning was spent just chilling and then in the afternoon we got to do the wreck dive and drift dive. These were pretty cool with Hels and I practicing our titanic poses on the front of the ship wreck. Hels and I also thought that we saw another nurse shark in alittle crevice under a rock whilst on the drift dive so with sheer excitement we continued to do shark symbols under water to Rich and got him to practically put his head in the crack! Needless to say it wasn´t a shark and when we resurfaced we learned to find that it was in facta porcupine fish much to RIch´s amusement!!! Rich did indeed think me and Helen were an odd two but all in good humour! hehe!The last dive we did for the course was the Night Dive! This ws sooooo good! I had only ddone one night dive before and that was off the beach in St Lucia so this was a bit more eeeery going off the boat out in the sea at night! We left around 5.30pm so that we were going in aat sunset and it was so much fun. There were these little maggot like creatures called blood worms that were attracted to our hand lights so they just kept swimming into us, I did fel like they were all over me atone point but they were kind of funny. We all knelt at the bottom on the sand and turned off our lights to see the foflurescence of the plankton, but when we turned back on our lights again, hundreds of tiny fish were attracted to us. I'm not joking when I say that i think they were actually going down my bikini! haha. The funniest and probably most memorable bit of the dive was the return to the boat. We endedup ascending into a whole shoal of jelly fish. Needless to say the sight must have been quite hysterical with us dives attempting to scream with our regs in whilst swimming back to the boat and being stung in the pitch black, not knowing what we were swimming in to. A lot of vinegar was needed when we finally returned to Altons that night. We were all shattered and so had a chilled night of just going to RJs for a grilled fish dinner. The whole dive chool pretty much showed up and then after that, us three girls thought it would be a good idea to sample the Ice cream fromMermaids before heading to bed.

Monday - Monday morning was the last bit of our dive course. That morning we had to do the rescue part of the cours which proved to be prety hysterical! It involved Hels and I learning to rescue an unconcious diver from the bottom of the sea bed and know how to rescucitate them and signal for help. Hels and I went back to child mode with this activity as we pretended to kiss each other when giving mouth to mouth. Rich did find it quite amusing and still passed us never the less. Hels and I headed to Bundus for a brunch before heading back to the dive school to do our exam. Needless to say the service in Bundus was exceptionally slow again but the food was decent. After realising the time, Hels and I headed back to Altons and sat the exam...well I say exam, it really only involved 50 true or false questions where you could use the book so 100% we did get! haha.

Hels had to get the 2pm ferry that afternoon to gt back to La Ceiba on the main land to pick up our 4th muskateer Ursula who was going to join us for the rest of thetrip. The afternoon of Monday was pretty funny. Roberto, Julien and Luca eventually decided that they should also get on the ferry to continue their travels despite the thought that we could all maybe try and rent out the private island for a few days on the keys. Anyway, after Luca didn't come across his epiphany (don't ask) they headed back to the mainland with Helen and Me and Els were left on Utila with Tony our crazy aussie friend. ANyway, that afternoon, the job for me and Ellie to do was to find accomodation for the four of us for the next week before sun jam! This was going to be tricky as the whole island was going to be ful and the dive schools were not letting non-divers stay in their acocmomdation hence we had been chucked out of Altons...No room at the in. The weather was scorching and Ellie and I were not looking forward to trudging around the island to look for accomodation but it had to be done! We firstly went to this little guesthouse a little out of the way and there were two rooms spare although it was a bit of dive anddidn't really seem happening. Anyway, we had to take it in case we had no where else to stay. However, we coninued to look. We thougth about getting an apartment and we did lok however, there wre none free. Anyway by the time a good few hours had gone by, we were to the point of giving up a bit. We decided we neeed a stiff drink and so headed to Evelyns for acocktail. We thought they were on happy hour but when we realsied they weren't we decided to leave. Howvever, the lady recognised this and said we could have them for happy hour prices! Bingo...our luck was in! These were probably the best pinacoladas we had had in a long while! Ellie and I decided that we would attempt the dive schools on the walk back to Altons and good job we did as it was just our luck when we were looking in at cross creek that 2 of the guys who worked there, AL and Pete, happened to be outside and asked if we needed help. In our most distressed voices possible we explained the situation and to our amazement they let us have their last 4 bed room! OMG we wrre so so happy! This was remarkable seing as they were a dive school nd we weren't actually diving with them. The only condition was that at leaset one of us would have to do one dive in the week which was more that acceptable! The room was small but we did't care. The decking all around the room was brilliant and there was lots of space to chill out. Ellie and I were very hapy! After sorting this out, Ellie and I felt much more chirpy and headed back to Altons to have a fun afternoon in the sun swimming off the deck with Sarah, Alex and Tony. Neeedless to say Tony's underwater camera gave us lots of amusement and before we knw it, it was time to get all our stuff to cross creek. ELs and I took showers and got ready for a fun night which would firstly involve pan pizzas!! Yes indeed, pan pizzas! This was apparently Toni's speciality and seeing as he had been ravng about them all afternoon, we decided that they had to be made that night! We headed to the supermarket to buy all the necessary ingredients and of course, more rum and hit Tonis kitchen at altons! Pan pizzas are basically pizzas made in a frying pan...no oven needed! What a great idea when there is no oven available! haha! Betty Crocker however let us down with her pizza base dough...w.e ended up having to add probably about another bag of flour to the mix to make the consistency good but alll the same, we eventually got there! And with a bit of flour war paint, top tunes playing and rum being consumed, the cooking was a good laugh! Toni even whipped out his top pizza tossing moves! The pizzas were immense...no jokes, probably some of the best pizzas we had tasted in a long while! This may have been due to the fact that we had been waiting almost 2 hours for our pizzas and we weren't used to amazing food anyway but they were delicious! For some reason the rum was not going down well for me and Ellie, TOni therefore thought he should do the gentleman thing of drinking alot more of us which as you can expect involved him getting pretty schwasted! We went down to the dock to chill and drink some more of the rum, none of our lot were down there as they had gone out for dinner but there were a few randomers chillinng like the guys and his uni cycle. No jokes, apparently this guy goes everywhere on his unicycle! Crazy times! By the time we had drunk the rum Tones was a gonner, he was pretty hilarious and his comments were coming from everywhere! Best comment from him of the night had to be when we walking down the street and he said to Ellie 'Oh that's a nice dress you are wearing' and I replied as a joke 'hey, what about me?' to which he replied 'oh don't worry, you are wearing areally nice bra, I have sene it a few times tonight!'.....cheeky cheeky! That definitely sums up Toni! We headed to Tranquila to meet the others who were all out...the whole gang were out, apart from Alex who was spending his last night with his girl...honestly, he missed out! Anyway, thenight pretty much involved, Ellie, Toni, Sarah and I being loons! We thought it would be a wicked idea to dance on the bar at the end of the deck and Toni decided to take it up a nitch and break dance on the fridge which was right next to the sea...unfortunately he didn't fall in! I would have cracked up so much if he had! We ended up sampling a large array of the shooters in Tranquila that night and even decided that it would be a fab idea to make up our own spice girl group...bearing in mind two of them were guys! Hey ho! We also heard our favourite song of the holiday which we didn't know the name of AT ALLL!!!!! Gutted about not knowing the name, we couldn't get it played againa and again...oh well, a mission of finding the songs name was going to be needed!Tranquila was shutting at like 2am but none of us could be bothered to finish the night then and there so we managed to gather up the troops and bring peopel to Cross creek and chill on the deck for a while after buying a large bottle of coke from the bar to acccompany our rum back at the room! Even the walk to cross creek was hilarious, it onvolved Ellie being told that her motel dress was from primarni by a local leading to a big debate about sweat shops and also Ellies lesson on how to ride a bike using SImons bike! We were all chilling at cross creek and even Captain Joe came along....with him offerning to take me home as he thought I needed some loving......errrrrr...no thank you! haha!When the others left cross creek, the awesome foursome (that being me, el, sarah and tones) decided that we must watch sunrise....and on that note we headed back to Altons to go chill in the hammocks on the dock! Needless to say, Fee fee was still around however, this night we managed to avoid his long stories! It was so hilarious when we got t the dock because there were clothes on the deck, we realised that they were Rich's and Claras! the thing is, we were not going to move so that was a very funny moment to say the least when they eventually had to emerge from under the dock to collect their clothes with us four just teasing them to the max! The sun finally came up, however, just our luck that it came up on the other side of the island so we actually didn't even see it! We just noticed it get light very quickly! Ho hum! After staying up, we decided an early morning coffee from the snack shack was needed and so wearing the same clothes, we just chilled watching everyone as they arrived for work! haha. It now being tuesday morning, ELs and I knew that Hels and Ursula should be returning to the island today, however, the ferry wouldn't get in till about 11am. So the four of us went for a good breakfast at Bundus and then showered before heading to the ferry! At the ferry, we saw our favourite person ever! RYAN!!!!!! Els and I chiled with him whilst waiting for the ferry but when the ferry came in, Hels and Urs were no where to be seen! Wierd we thought so we got onto facebooking them straight away. We really hadn't a clue when they would be back and so decisded that the best plan of action for the day was to chill and sun bathe and then check to see if they were going to be on the afternoon ferry! WE had our last pan pizza for lunch with Tones and walked Tones to the ferry to say our goodbyes! God, it got all pretty emotional at the ferry dock as Christina was leaving but didn't want to leave simon so she actually ended up not getting on the ferry and leaving susan and running back to see simon. ALex and his girl were also very emoytional and there were tears and the whole shibam! ELlie and I said our good byes to Toni and headed back to Altons with a very sad Alex!! We spent the day just chilling at Altons and needless to say, even had another drink! Gio was working at the bar and ELlie and I managed to get him to play the song we had heard the night before but had no idea what it was called! Anyway.....we found it! It was called 'No Game'!! Result....we all ended up just dancing on the benches singing the song over and over again! In the end, Hels and Ursual were not on the later ferry either so after consolling Alex by getting him and some of the others at Altons Ice cream, we headed back to Cross Creek. Ellie and I for some reason had a seriously bad craving for cinammon toast...yes random I know but Ellie and I have some seriously sweet cravings! So with all the ingredients, we got into the kitchen only to find the gas was out! NOOOOOOOOO! Luckily our luck was in AGAIN! As Al and Pete were walking past the kitchen, we asked them if they could fix the gas, the answer was they couldn't as the gas was out however, they did invite us to cook in their house! Score! However, I think they probably regretted that after we practically burnt their house down with the smell of burnt sugar....yes my bad, I thought that you could put the sugar on the toast and continue to fry it! Obviously not as the sugar burns and smell DRASTIC! The guys thought our culinary skills were some what interesting. The traditionofplaying mario cart started from this night onwards. The guys had a nintendo Wii and were obsessed with Mario cart. Anyway, their new favourite game was to place bets on which place me and Els would come in total when our places were added together! Obviousl, this got turned into a drinking game with the people who guesed wrong drinking. Ellie and I were pretty shattered and our plan for the night had just been to have an eraly one as we hadn't been to bed yet for a good 36hours or so, but being the peopel that we are and so easily persuaded, the guys managed to get us out that night! AFter quickly changing, we headed to La Piratas as this was a big night for the cross creek lot! They were doing the snorkel test which involved getting the newly qualified dive masters to snorkel a huge amount of alcohol and then do the mask clearance test with alcohol in their masks! It was actually a very good night! Drum and Bass was playing and the DJ even downloaded songs for us when he didn't have them! We ended up having quite a cringe moment as we staretd chattting to these pretty wierd English guys, in our drunken states, Ellie thought it would be really funny to pretend she was from russia and then run away from them, leaving me to chat to them. This was not helpful as I was in a complete daze of my own and so probaly wan't making much sense to them! ANyway, they ended up telling us that that they were moving into cross creek the next day and guess what, they happened to move into the room next door to us as we found out the next day..needless to say they figured out by this point that Els was not Russian...cringe! Dani and some of the other Altons lots were also at La Pirata. Dani was there and he was being incredibly flirty to us infront of his girlfriend. I didn't realise till the next day that he had a girlfrind and so felt a little creeped out when he had been saying things like 'you have a raelly good ass' and and 'I have been wanting to dance with you since the day I met you in that purple bikini and shute'......AAAAAAAH! Cringe out! Oh well, it got to about 2am and Els and I thought it best to call it a night so we did and headed to Cross creek to have our first night there in literally the hottest room EVER!!!!!

Wednesday - Despite feeling absolutely shattered, we had to get up at a reasonable time to make sure we got to the ferry in time to meet hels and ursula...however, they wer nowhere to be seen again! We were at this point getting pretty damn worried as we hadn't heard from them at all nd had no way of contacting them apart from fb! We even decided to ring the hotel we thought they were staying at but no luck! Anyway, we left them messages saying where we were staying and decided just to go and have a fun day and hoepfully they would get the message and come meet us at cross creek! We ended up bumping into Pete and he invited us onto the dive boat for the afternoon to sunbathe....YIPPPEEEEEE! Els and I were super happy as we were going to get our tan on!!! The sun was shining, the music was playing and we were lying on the roof of a dive boat in the middle of the sea off the coast of Utila...what more could we ask for! We also got to meet the legendary CAPTAIN COOKIE! He was actually the coolest guy EVER! Such a joker and he even had his own song that would get played everytime the dive boat got back to cross creek! When on the boat after the two dives got back there were talks that there may be a whale shark spotting so we headed further out to see! Unfortunately no one was to be seen, just a lot of tuna at the surface and birds feeding...i think we had missed it or it was too deep. When we got back to the island, we found that Hels and Ursula had finally arrived! Yaay! The 4 turtles were finally all together as one! The night of Wednesday was going to be a good one! It was the sunjam warm up party at Bar in the Bush! Cross creek had got a deal on where if you bought one of their tshirts you'd et free drinks all night....we were definitely all on that! We however didn't end up leaving cross creek till about 11pm as we played some games with Pete and Scott sch as Enemies and Allies...this is actually the coolest drinking game ever and proved to be a big hit for the rest of the trip! Anyway, this was the night that Pete gained his name P-Bail as he never actually made it out due to his Danish girl....nicht good! ANyway, the rest of us headed to Bar in the bush with our 'ROADIES' ( this is the name given to drinks you take on teh walk to the bar) as it was a fair trek to the bar. We were all prettty gone, Ellie was for sure the worst so we took it easy when we first got in the bar, however, this did not last long as i went a bit mental as soon as I saw Alex and Sarah by running up and leaping on them! Alex needless to say was a sweetheart and ordered me water! haha! I don't think it helped that Gio was working at the bar and when we found out that all the free drinks had run out, I just asked him to suprise us! Urm...lethal thing to say to a barman especially when you know him! I think he made us the strongest drinks ever!!! Spinning seemed to be my favourite type of dancing that night so me and ursula had a manic spinning sesh followed by us watching the fire throwers! Rich and steph also turned up which was good fun, and we all ended up just going pretty mental! On the walk home, I had literally so much energy it was unreal...making road angels seemed to be a very good plan indeed as did running and skipping for a long time down the road! Note to self...this is a lot harder than thought when wearing flip flops! However, when I reached the room, bed was definitely needed!

Thursday: OMG...prbably the worst hangover since being out in Central America! NOT GOOD! Plus the fact that the room was literally like a sauna meant that we woke up at ridiculous o clock in the morning sweating! Ursula was hysterical as she was in the top bunk but desperately needed to chunder, needless to say her escape to the toilet was very rapid! I also had a huge shock when I went to the mirror to sort out my hair and take out the clips left in from the night before. WHilst feeling through my hair, I suddenly realised a shock revoluteion that I no longer had a hair braid in my hair!!! What had happened to it??? We concluded that it must have fallen out whilst I was crazy dancing like a loon on the dance floor the night before spinning around! hopefully it dodn't go flying and hit someone on the head! haha. For the rest of the morning we just moved ourselves from the room to the hammocks outside and attempted to sleep...paracetomol was needed! I decided that HUGE hangovers like this in the scorching heat are NOT GOOOOOOOD! Feeling very sorry for ourselves, we spent the rest of the afternoon at Altons sunbathing and chilling! I even ended up getting stung by a jelly fish...just my luck! Ellie dropped her sunglasses in the sea off the deck so seeing as I was in the sea, I decided to dive down and get them...however, as I turned up to come back to the surface, I managed to somehow get stung across my face. Sarah was so funny and saved me! She towed me back to the steps and i spent the next half an hour with vinegar on my eye till the sting went away....funny times indeed! We had to use the guys kitchen again so decided to make them a meal too...on the menu was thai green curry that actually went quite well! With a good meal, more mario cart games and rum consumed, we all headed out to Tranquila bar agian! I was so happy when we saw that our other group of Irish friends had finally arrived on Utila aswell in time for sunjam! It was good to see them all, the crazy bunch that they were! We all drank numerous shooters in tranquila again, this time the lemon drop ones seemed to be more popular than the blue ones. I also somehow managed to break numerous glasses being the clutz that I am whiclst trying to get out the way...not really sure how I managed that but some how I did. We saw Ryan and Tom....2 of oour favourite people in the bar also and also our not so favourite person Jonny. Jonny was a local boy who extremely wierd..we had met him on our first day in utila when we were getting lunch and he seemed a little obsessed by us when he saw us. I can't even really describe him.....just wierd! The guys also had an obsession with motorboating us much to their amusement a lot more than ours! The party eventually dies down in Tranquila so we headed next door to coco locos which was rammed full of people. HOwever, kev and sotty told me that apparently they were having to loo out for Pete as there was a guy in the bar who wanted to beat him up...nice! We ended up just heading home and havinganother very funny walk home....I ended up telling scotty, pete and Ellie about my hair braid falling out. I in my drinken state thought it was a very good story however they did not! I was deeply offended...not, but it was quite a topic of conversation for a good half an hour r maybe evenmore! Pete had also sad earlier that night that we could go diving the next morning with them which would involve us getting up at 7am so we agreed!

Friday: Pete kept to his promise and woke us up at 7am that mormning with coffee! We were feeling pretty shattered from the night before but we knew we would get over that as soon as we got moving. We felta bit bad as the dive boat hadn't actually been kitted out for me and hels to dive as well as no one apart from pete really knew that we were diving so they had to get our quipment ad more tanks on boat before we could go...oh well, pete didn't seem to mind and seeing as it was him who sid we could go, we all just got on the boat. We did a couple of dives, one at Black hill and the other at Ted's Point...they were good fun and petty chilled. Helen even thought it would be an absolutely brilliant idea to und my bikin top without my knowing wlst under water so that when I got back on the boa I flashed everyone! ha ha ha! Pete then continued to think that was a great game too......but don't worry, I learnt my lesson and double knotted all ties on my bikin from that day on! Captain Cookie was again on top form and wehad a very fun boat ride back lying on the top of the boat, listening to tunes and again, SUN BATHING! Ursula and Els were doing a discover scuba dive that afternoon so me and Hels were left to our own devices, we ended p having a good lunch at Bundus and then seeing as I had been so retarded as to lose my hair braid, I got another one done that afternoon...yay! Later that afternoon, Sarah and Tom came over to see us, Sarah had some news that Alex's lover rebecca had come back to see him! SCANDAL! She had left her friend she was travelling with on the mainland to come back and spend the weekend with Alex. This meant that Alex was not going to come to Sunjam, despite wanting to go since April! WHAT!! We made sure that Sarah was still going and so we planned for her to come and chill with us on Saturday and come to Sunjam with us! Friday night was the night before Ursula's Birthday! We definitely wanted to do omething to celebrate but wanted to keep it fairly chilled as we had Sunjam the next day and knew that this was going to be a BIG ONE!!! Anyhoo, we dcided that cake baking was needed and so that evenng, or tradition of dinner and mario cart at the boys was had and we made the most immense chocolate cake ever, couresy of Kev's idea of ptting snickrs bars in the mixtur o they melt. The guys also made Ursy a great dirty pint consisting of some sort of Eastern European liquor that we didn't even want to know what it was! Our plan had literally only been to go for a cocktail or two and have an early night before Saturday...however needless to say that did not occur! The guys were adamant that we go and have a BIG night and that is what happened! We headed to Treetanic..this place is the coolest bar EVER! It looks like some mysterical secret garden with gems and funky lights and caves all around. The bar is et up in a tree like a tree house and ther are so many secret hideaways and places to sit. Pete and Scotty started to plan what they were going to do at Midnight for Ursula and when the time came, Pete jumped onto the bar to make an announcement to the whole Bar. Ursula then got about 3-4 drinks poured down her throat, wellhalf probaly downh her top which wascream and silk so yes, it as indeed a ittle see through after that! The rest of us thought we had got away lightly, however, it then turned out that Pete ha given the bar man a sum of money along withhelen to get us as many tequila shots that the money would buy....this ended up being probably about a bottle or more and the night turned into a time of doing body shots! I was up first ad in not even a drunk state I had to lye on the bar as people took it in turns to do tequila shots off of me! After my turn was up, I was quite glad to never smell the smell of tequilla again! The bar was packed and again we saw Ryan..he came over to me and was like 'Are you fucked over already' in his hilariously slow chilled out voice! God we loved that boy! Hels also introdued me to some other canadians...one of whom culd not stop squeezing my cheeks and exclaiming 'you are so cute'...what funny guys! It was definitely a good night however, a lot heavier than we were expecting so needless to say a lie in was definitely needed on Saturday morning if we were to survive Sunjam!

Saurday: The day of Sunjam and Ursulas Birthday .......All I am going to say for this is this weekend was the MOST EPIC WEEKEND EVER!!!!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb