Big Decisions


Advertisement
Honduras' flag
Central America Caribbean » Honduras » Bay Islands » Utila
December 29th 2009
Published: December 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Our new room sucks, with motor bikers ripping by at all hours in the night waking us up. We got moved because our old room had bugs in it. This morning when we woke up we requested a move back which will happen at 7 tonight after the bugs are cleared. Again we debated doing our advanced diving course which would certify us for night dives and down to 30m instead of 18m. After a bit of talking Jeff, Justin, and Matt decided to do it. I decided not to thinking I would save some of my money to dive with my parents in Costa Rica. So while they dove I decided to wander the town and look in all the shops. I ended up running into 3 different groups of people that we had met in earlier travels so it looks like our New Years party is getting bigger. It wasn't very exciting but I ran into James and Morris so we headed up to the lookout. It ended up being closed due to crime so we headed back down for a late lunch. The rest of the day we stayed on the dock waiting for the divers to get back. Once they arrived, they quickly told of their dive then went to dinner. It consisted of doing a deep water dive, a ship wreck and a navigation section. They opened skittles way down to show the loss of colour at depth and then cracked some eggs and passed the yoke around. Because of the pressure it stays solid. After their dive they were told to swim back to the boat as buddies to test their navigation. Jeff and Justin were a team but Jeff quickly took the lead and Justin couldn't catch him to tell him he was going the wrong way. Phil had to rip after them and catch them before they got to deep. He managed to get Jeff and bring him back to the boat where he ran out of air. They were doin their 5m nitrogen stop so were in really close proximity. Jeff gave the signal and Phil promptly gave him his alternate regulator. It sounded like loads of fun. We spent the night chilling in the hammocks on the dock after getting some street vendor food (chicken and beans) and then headed for bed.

Advertisement



31st December 2009

Sounds Like Fun
Hi Robert, I'm following your blog -- sounds like lots of fun. Remember, even the bad stuff is great memories when you're back home. love from Auntie Ada Mae

Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0504s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb