Update of Smith's Adventure


Advertisement
Published: January 13th 2014
Edit Blog Post

I am back , did not get sea sick although the ship did a bit of rock and roll across the swells.

Arrived into Lemon, Costa Rica but on the Atlantic side and were taken by boat into the Tortuguero Canals through the area known as the Costa Rican Amozon rain forest, along the canals we saw Spider Monkeys, Sloaths and many very brightly coloured bird, the guide also found a brightly coloured frog very toxic to its predators,

back to the wharf and along side our ship of some 4000 to 5000 tonnes is the Holland America ship of about 100000 tonnes, carries close to 300 passenger to ours 100.

We set sail overnight for our next stop San Andreas in Colombia.

We are taken by taxis around the island, well taxis, no speedo, no door handles, no road rules but we survived, on the way we stopped at there main city area and looked over the town and the beach area, this is like a miniature Coca Cabana in Brazil, full of local and Canadian tourists, visit the first Baptist church built in the early 1800s and on to a beach bar for Calypso Dancing and a beer, then back to the taxi , the roads have a line down the middle what I do not know perhaps when they cannot see the line they have runoff the road. Big difference from Pacific side where people are al seam serious and this side its really the easy living Caribbean style.

We sail for Ilsa de Providencia , supposed to be were many pirates had there head quarters including Capt. Morgan of rum fame, arrived and around the island by boar with stops to snorkel, big current and no fish but at least we cooled down with a swim, then around to a resort beach, well talk about paradise white sand, little wind, no flies and live music all day I think, had a beer and back to the ship, after noon onto the back of utes for land visit, beautiful views in every direction once again Calypso music and brightly coloured clothing, very clean place and all seem soooo happy.

We left there at 5.00pm to set sale for Roatan in Honduras and will be at sea all day, so can do some washing, and get this blog off to you so you know where we are, so till next time,

Bye man its so cool here,

Ken and Margaret,

or Gpa and Mama

Advertisement



15th January 2014

Kenny Kabernet's Adventure
Hi Ken & Marg, Great to receive your blog of your jungle and pirate adventures.

Tot: 0.175s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 12; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0493s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb