Dominican Winter League Baseball


Advertisement
Published: July 9th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Dominican Baseball CheerleaderDominican Baseball CheerleaderDominican Baseball Cheerleader

One of the young girls that dance on top of the dugout between inning sat Estadio Quisqueya in Santo Domingo for the Licey Tigres.
I am a big baseball fan and love going to see a game or two while in the DR. I have seen games at 3 of the 5 stadiums. I have been to the stadiums in Santo Domingo, San Pedro, and Santiago. Next winter I want to go to San Francisci to see a game and maybe even La Romana.

I wanted to show people what a winter league game in the Dominican Republic was like. I shot a bunch of video at a game between Licey and Las Aguilas and edited together a short video clip to put onwww.dr-tourist.tv

The video was shot at Estadio Quisqueya in Santo Domingo. The games can get pretty wild. Lots of music, dancing, cheering, drinking and . . . . . the best part. . . . .CHEERLEADERS!!! All the teams have young cheerleaders that dance between innings. These girls know how to dance sexy to Merengue, Bachata and Reggaeton.

Many famous major leaguers are from the DR including Pedro Martinez, Sammy Sosa, the alou brothers, Albert Pujols, Miguel Tejada, Luis Castillo, Vlad Guererro and many more. Many of these players will play in the DR winter leagues. The video clip on my site includes Luis Castillo, of the Marlins and Eric Byrnes of The A's. Eric is not Dominican but plays in the DR each winter. . . .the Dominicans love his style of play and call him "mayor america? which is what they call the cartoon hero Captain America down there.

Take a look at our Dominican Republic Winter League baseball clip and make sure to catch a game if you are in the DR during the baseball season!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0625s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb