Salsa Brava


Advertisement
Published: July 18th 2013
Edit Blog Post

J´s tent villageJ´s tent villageJ´s tent village

2nd tent from the end was mine, no.28 dbl matteress, pillows sheets all for 6 bucks!
The best break on the Caribbean coast is right here, The "Salsa Brava"!
As soon as i read this in my lonley planet, I decide that this has to be our next destination.
I was on a mission to find some surf and Costa Rica certainlly didn't disappoint!

We bused it to the very dodgy capital of Honduras then flew to San Jose, the capital of Costa Rica. We met up with Kev;s misuses (who flew from oz because they were missing each other 2 much, after only a couple of weeks!) We stayed a night then bused it to the east coast & the famous surf spot at Puerto Viejo (Salsa Brava).

As soon as we dropped our bags off at J's, we went to scope out salsa brava. There were only a few lads out on this point break and there's some heavy surf barrelling onto jagged rocks! Having not surfed in a while we decided not to surf salsa and test out the beach breaks instead!

We stayed at a pretty cool hostel right on the beach (Rockin J's) for a night then moved into a cheaper, cleaner hostel right in town. The next week
Hammock villageHammock villageHammock village

Only 5 bucks a nite!
was tops, a few surfs,met a few hippie yanks, a bike ride through the jungle with a brocken handle bar , a Barby out front of the hostel & a bit of partyin.

Next we all head to the opposite coast with a few exrtras in our crew.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Barby anyone!? Barby anyone!?
Barby anyone!?

The owner of the hostel lent us his barby and cooked up a feed outside the hostel, top feed.


Tot: 0.218s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 31; qc: 108; dbt: 0.1602s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb