Wet Grand Kadooment


Advertisement
Published: August 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Go up to a lovely day - as we were going to the Grand Kadooment carnival we stayed around the pool until about 11.30 then parked on the Spring Garden Highway and walked down to stand near Weezers on Brighton Beach. We arrived about midday and shortly afterwards the first bands and the rains arrived, and boy did it rain and rain and rain... As you see in the pictures we were absolutely soaked and I eventually had to hide the camera as the rain had come through everything.

The carnival was very interesting and I don't think I had ever seen so many merry people in one place before - I think there will be some very sore heads. We stayed for quite a while then as we were completely soaked we went home, back in the pool then headed over to the West Coast to try a body boarding beach. We went to Morgan Lewis beach but it was too rough (even for me) and then we went further down the coast to Cattlewash which is just before the Soup Bowl and Bathsheba. We stayed until it was nearly dark then came home quickly changed and eat at the Coach House on the West Coast - excellent. By the time we got home Catherine was practically snoring!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Carnival 2Carnival 2
Carnival 2

as you can see it was raining


Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0334s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb