Dover to Crane Bay and Barbecue


Advertisement
Published: August 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post


We were all up at a reasonable time today. So after the usual trip to the pool and breakfast we headed via the Spring Garden Highway to the South Coast and stopped at Dover. This was absolutely gorgeous with a brilliant blue sea. Hassled by the desk chair boys but we just say no thanks and they go away - We stayed for a couuple of hours then headed towards Crane Bay. We got out at Crane Bay but hunger overcame us before we got in the sea and we stopped at another Chefette or lunch - thats 2 out of 14 on the island. I think we should have our photograph taken outside all 14 now that would be sad...

After lunch we came back to Bridgetown and Spring Garden Highway which was now closed off. In the intense heat we walked through the market praying for rain and it did. THis brought the temperature down and made walking about bearable. We bought a couple of pairs of sunglasses and then headed home. The kids stayed in and as they wanted a barbecue Catherine and I headed back to the Super Centre and bought some BBQ bits and pieces.

Cooking a barbecue in 30 degree heat is always interesting and by the time I'd finished it was good to get back in the pool. We stayed in tonight as tomorrow is Grand Kadooment and it will be quite tiring.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 8; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0681s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb