Rain - Rain and eh More Rain!


Advertisement
Published: August 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post


It rained late last night and by early morning it was throwing it down and I mean throwing it down - so much so it was coming in through the bedroom and wetting the bed - either that or one of us had had an accident? Didnt stop us going in the pool though once we were up! As it was cooler because of the rain we decided to go to the Barbados Museum - this was also the site of a GeoCache so we covered that of at the same time (2 cannons and closed on public holidays for anyone interested..) The Museum was very interesting and covered the period from when the AmerIndians were residents of the island to the present day. As you can see from the pictures it was still raining and continued to rain so we thought we'd have one of those Bajan eat all you like Buffet lunches, we went back to the Coach House and eat solidy for long enough I didn't think I'd ever want to eat again! The kids played pool in the bar when we'd finished. Then Catherine drove us back to the house.

Back in the pool it was still raining - but at least it was warm.... The Hummingbirds always put in an appearance early in the morning and around 4.30 at night, their wings move so quickly even in sports mode they are difficult to catch in flight but look closely at the picture and in the middle you can just see the bird (we saw an example in the Barbados Museum and it's something like "Captain Booby" Popped up to look at Lord Willoughbys tavern which is a bar close to us and bought some fresh rolls for tea at the Super Centre and some more insect repellent and ant-scratch cream as we are all still picking up insect bites!






Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Humming BirdHumming Bird
Humming Bird

Its right in the middle of the pool


Tot: 0.168s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0828s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb