Sunny Barbados


Advertisement
Published: April 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well we have arrived safe and sound after a relatively drama free air jamaica flight from Grenada to Barbados.

Havent seen a lot of Barbados yet, have not left St Lawrence Gap which is a touristy beachy place on the south coast full of bars, poms, and local men shouting "hello ladies". Barbados is beautiful but we all are missing the kitchy charm of 2nd world Grenada.

Have had two nights out already here (the last stop of the tour - we have to go hard!). The first night we arrived we headed out to a restaurant for dinner and heard some horrendous kareoke going on over the road. Naturally we thought we should go and show them how it is done so we headed over, grabbed a few rum punches (to drown our sorrows after our hammering at the cricket) and launched into a rendition of 'Fame' (I'm gonna live forever...) which is officially the tour song and has been pulled out in Kareoke joints across New York, Grenada and now Barbados. Ron and Dave commented that we have really perfected our Fame and that it sounded awesome. That was about all the encouragement we needed so we headed down the road in search of the next kareoke joint to rock. At this stage the boys had decided to go home (perhaps they were lying and we were awful and they didnt want to sit through fame again... who knows).

We found this irish bar just down the road that was also having a kareoke night. It was full of middle aged poms and some younger ones who looked like they had walked straight out of the reality show 'the villa'. Naturally Fame was requested asap and performed again with gusto. As we walked off the stage triumphant and headed out the door to go home we bumped into a group of 3 aussies and we were so pleased to see some people from the land down under we stayed and got chatting. One of them was a physio and insisted on sorting out everyone's sore necks from the waterfalls incident and gave us all fantastic head and shoulder massages. Another who was a professional gambler and clearly made of money bought us rums all night and suddenly it was half past two. Not having had enough kareoke for the night nic and kate proceeded to steal other people's songs by walking up to the mic with confidence. Ana felt that New York New York was the best by far. We dedicated We Are the Champions to the black caps, im sure they appreciated it.

The next day was spent lounging on the beach again and we were positioned so we could hear the cricket which was cool. We headed back to the guest house where we are staying and checked out the family of monkeys living in the back yard. We decided too that after drinking so much rum punch on tour we might give it a crack and mix it ourselves so we bought a couple of bottles of premixed punch, mixed in some rum and pineapple juice and got cracking. We hit up St Lawrence Gap again and went to the Reggae Lounge and danced to a bit of bob. Nic, Kate and Ana popped next door when they heard kareoke once again and requested Fame, but dropped lip and left when the guy took ages to put it on. We headed to a couple of other places and had some massive dancing and fabulous street side burgers that we are so going to repeato tonight.

Last night out for the tour tonight so naturally its going to be a big one. Catching up with our mates the saffas from Grenada for some international flip cup so we are going to make it the unofficial play off for 3rd and 4th place.

About to jump on some buses and check out the rest of barbados but the tour is generally a bit over sight seeing so we will prob head to bridgetown the capital and then to another beach for a bit more R & R before the massive transit home begins.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb