Waterfalls


Advertisement
Grenada's flag
Central America Caribbean » Grenada » Grenada
April 23rd 2007
Published: April 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

So our plan for today was to take the ferry to Carricau (spelling??) and spend yet another day relaxing on the beautiful white sand beaches, however it proved to expensive and was cheapert o hire a car for the day. It pays to know the locals as our now good friend Max hooked us up with one of our many contacts who gave us a car for the day for $70 NZ - bargain.

With Dan behind the wheel and four girls slightly squashed in the back we hooned (the only way they drive here) around most of the island in one day. Poor Ron stayed behind as he has got some crazy allergy (we think) and had been at hospital the night before but they were useless. He is much better today as i am writing this and we got some anti histamines from the pharmacy.

The main highlight of our island tour was the seven sister waterfalls. We all thought we would be going for a leisurely stroll around these watefalls but boy we were wrong!! Oh and by the way as lovely as these waterfalls were you do realise how blessed by amazing scenery we are in NZ.

After 20 minutes we make it to the bottom and see some people jumping off a rather large waterfall. There is a guide at the bottom who takes you on a 20 minute hike up to the top of the falls and the only way down is to jump off. Dan and Dave were super keen, Ana was not and stayed down the bottom for a swim and eventually Jax, Nic and Kate stripped to our bikinis for an experience we wont be forgetting anytime soon. After literally scaling a cliff face in bare feet and bikinis for 20 minutes we reach the top of the falls. To make it to the bottom there are 6 falls you have to scramble through and jump off. The first one wasn't deep so you touched the rocks as you jumped (shaking had begun). The next one was so shallow we had to land arse first in the water and still hit rocks (not too bad). We made it to the biggest one of all (prob bout 12 metres high) where ana was ready with the cameras to catch the action. Kate went first followed by nic. Jax was next but frreaked out a little, legs wouldn't stop shaking and there were just about tears. the boys followed.

now for the truth. Nic, Kate and Jax have never experienced anything so horrific (except bracwe for landing). The wedgie was unbelievable, Jax and Kate have major bruising to their butts and thighs, we all woke up this morning with sore necks so maybe a bit of whiplash! Ohh and the tailbones .....feel like they are broken hence the need for frozen vegies last night!!

We survived though and was an awesome experience but us girls wont be doing it again!! Boys on other hand are a little more keen 😊

Jax

Advertisement



Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0538s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb