last night out


Advertisement
Published: April 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

so yesterday we started exploring Barbados a little more, this involved hoping on a bus to banks town then after ariving getting on another bus and heading to the beach, at this stage its fair to say that most of us are over looking at new sights so relaxation is the only thing on the cards. We had the most remarklable bus ride, the bus driver was mad! the roads outside the main loations of barbados are crap they are narrow and twisty and in over all poor condition. However our bus driver saw fit to do over 100kph over blind crests and corners that were not wide enough to fit anything larger than a small car the other way.
We got there safe and it was rather exciting though walt disney needed to come to barabados.

we spent the afternoon at the beach... its rather early here and i cant remember the name to be honest but we can call it crab beach for now... (edit 25 minutes later it was crane beach)
Anyway crane beach was awesome great water and sand and a really nice way to spend our 2nd to last day.

in the evening me and the girls went to luigis italian place for dinner (dave and ron had already eaten) and had a really nice authentic meal which was a great way to start the night.
after this we headed home briefly and went to the irish pub on the main tourist strip highlighted with $35 for all you could drink! we couldnt ask for a better situation.... well the girls could and did as the first 25 women of the night got in for free....

so it was a pretty messy night we played some interesting drinking games at the table with out british room mates everyone had a great night i think (its early none of them have got up yet). The end of the trip will no doubt hit home today as we start our 25 hour flying marathon over 2 days, which is not going to be to fun but hopefully air jamaica will pull through and i cant wait to get on the Air New Zealand plane. We do have on small highlight to come however we have about 9 hours in La so we will be going shopping.

at this stage it would be fitting to say thanks to the group throughout this trip as they have been an outstanding bunch though thick and thin. and i hope that we all keep in touch.


Ron (aka tortia) its been along time since we have seen each other and whilst there has not been a day that you have not held the group up in some way it been a pleasure.

Dave (aka anchor boy) 30 days is along time to spend with someone but i dont think we have had 2 many moments. Dave did an awesome job as deck hand on the yacht and coped well with me losing by cool. thanks dude.

Ana (aka mary kate & ashley/ daniels personal assistant) i would like to say that Ana is the only one not to put on any weight on this trip whilst still eating.... the rest of us have enjoyed our food. Thanks for Easter it was great (ana bought alot of easter goods with her that were enjoyed by all)
I would probably have struggled to keep myself organised if it was not for you, as well as being a great shoping buddy. i have really enjoyed our time together.

Kate, well Kathy you will be glad that there has not been to much clashing as you suggested previous to the trip. You and ana have been exceptional map readers / organisers that really have helped our trip being a well oiled machine. Even trough prior to the trip i though i knew reasonably well it been great to get to know you that much better.

Jax, well its been awesome! you have been a really easy person to get to know and hitting out central park in ny was a great day.
i have never found a lady that can eat or drink at the same pace as me so its been really nice not being the only one finshed at the dinner table.

Lou, i hope work is going well. it seems like alot longer than 1 week since you left and the laughter and outright crazyness has not been the same. Lou sculled 2 beers back to back at bannanas i think its safe to say that men of the world have never seen such a thing, everyone was suitably impressed.

Nicola, well its been awesome x 2! you have been a great person to talk to on this trip as well as banter with and its been a pleasure tio get to know you other than via email. hats of to everything you also organised nice work.

Jenny, it was really nice to meet you and congratualations on managing to go for a run on at least one day of the trip (i packed my runing shoes thinking that i would continue to run every day on this trip... they have not come out of the bag yet) i have never witnessed someone pack so puch for a 2 week trip.

over and out!

Dan






Advertisement



Tot: 0.19s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0719s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb