Paradise...for one precious night!


Advertisement
Published: June 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 23.6576, -75.3358

Seeing as we have this great weather window, we need to keep moving, and won't be spending more than one night anchored off of the Cape Santa Maria Resort, Calabash Bay, Long Island.

But it sure is good to be back here. This resort is absolutely breathtaking. This is perfection in paradise which is attainable to all. The airport isn't far away, and as the saying goes...if you got the money, honey....

We are all so happy that we escaped the busy anchorages of GGT. Four boats in this harbour is much more our style. We are sitting inside the screened in bar/restaurant of the resort. Christa and I are "interneting" like mad, uploading pictures, sending out emails, while Tony and Craig are sitting at the bar researching and discussing weather. The four of us are ordering pizza and will call it an early night. Tomorrow we are heading to Clarence Town, Long Island. See my silly makeshift google map with arrows.

It's now dark and the guys have just taken a walk down the beach to check on our dinghies. See? We really do learn fast. 😊

January 22, 2015 - Cape Santa Maria - Perfection.

Hello all,

We left GGT
this morning at 8:30am and dropped our anchor just off Cape Santa Maria Resort at 3:45pm. You will see from our track leaving GGT that we had to tack north. The wind was right on our nose. We talked to Simunye on the VHF radio as we turned off our engine and sailed along on a starboard tack. Craig pointed out that this was the first time they had been heeled (leaning) over to this side. I had never thought of it, since we have been back and forth up the Bahamas chain (and sailed around Lake Ontario), but yeah, it would be a first for these guys in the direction we've been travelling since Florida!

We are off to Clarence Town in the AM.

Oh, also, I edited yesterday's blog post because apparently I lost a couple of paragraphs when the power went out in town yesterday.

Sending love and kisses from this exquisite resort. (Again - http://www.capesantamaria.com - can't say enough about this place!)


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.228s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.1512s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb