About Time Soldier Cay Clarification


Advertisement
Bahamas' flag
Central America Caribbean » Bahamas » Exuma
December 10th 2008
Published: December 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

In our last blog, we posted a picture of me finding a mooring ball in Soldier Cay Bahamas. There is a Soldier Cay in the Berry Islands, and another in Exuma Land and Sea Park. Our picture from Soldier Cay was from Soldier Cay in the Berry Islands. We are currently still in Wardwick Wells, and have not been as far south as Soldier Cay in the Park. Anyone wishing to see the route we have taken may contact us and we will share our Winlink position reports.
The Exuma Cay Land and Sea Park is one of the most beautiful places we have ever been. It is a protected "no take area" , and you are not allowed to take anything from the Park. We adhere to this, and appreciate how this park operates, and preserves nature. A concerned person pointed out in our blog comments that it is a no take zone, and we would like to clarify to this person that the Soldier Cay we refer to in our Blog is in the Berry Islands south of Market Fish Cay, and not in the Park. We only look at the beauty here, we don't take anything.
Everything continues to be great here while we wait for the right weather to continue south.
Regards,

Sharon and Doug Aboard SV About Time

Advertisement



11th December 2008

Nicely Done
Hey Guys, Kay and I are really enjoying your blog and the photos. I've been to a few of the islands you talk about, usually only the ones with an airport and a 5000 foot runway. Spent a little time in Man o War Cay and also have been several times to Rum Cay. Kay and I are sitting on the lanais in Naples, enjoying the nice weather too.......but it has been a bit breezy. Strong Cold front coming through tomorrow night......don't know if it will reach you guys though !! Have fun, and "keep the sailboat up". Regards, Dave and Kay.

Tot: 0.198s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0685s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb