My one day trip of biking in Lashi lake area


Advertisement
Asia
April 15th 2011
Published: May 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Cherry flowersCherry flowersCherry flowers

Cherry flowers in Naxi family in Lashi Lake area during Spring time
Lashi Lake is in the basin in Hengduan Mountain Range, 10 kilometers away from the Old Town of Lijiang.
The grassy marshland on the bank often gathers lots of water. It is the best place for plants, fishes, shellfish and river snails.
The grassy marshland and swamp provide a nice home for wetland animals and plants. In early winter, lots of wild birds will come here from cold northern places. They rest in the grass and look for food in streams. Each year from October to April, 57 species of migratory birds stop in Lashi Lake, which hosts the highest number of water bird species of any lake in northwest Yunnan.
The warm climate makes it possible for them to pass the long winter safely. When next spring comes and flowers bloom, the birds will leave for the north for reproduction. They bring life to the villages at the foot of Jade Dragon Mountain. Especially when black-necked cranes fly over Jade Dragon in rosy clouds of dawn, you will feel that the legend about the Naxi has come true.

(According to book of Dongba, the goddess Chenhong Baobai transformed herself into a crane, and carried Chongrenli'en who had survived the
papaya flowerspapaya flowerspapaya flowers

papaya flowers
floods to the heaven and begged her father to let them get married. Their children then became the ancestor of Naxi people.)
At 9:00 in the morning, we started to biking in Lashi Lake area. We cycled from the southern part of the Lake. There are lots of flowers blooming by the road, like cherry blossom, peach blossom, Apple Blossom, pear blossom. Just check them out in my pictures.

I heard someone said that Lashi lake is not beautiful. I don’t think so. See, the pictures tells the truth.

We also had a visit to Zhiyun Temple.
Standing by the mirrorlike Lashi Lake, Zhiyun Temple is one of the five famous temples in Lijiang. It was built in 1727 during the Qing Dynasty. The grand hall can seat hundreds of Lamas, and the architecture is rather special: it has the most number of pillars among the temples in Lijiang. The hall is about 13 meters high, and the doors and windows are all carved with exquisite workmanship with three layers. Peaches grown in the temple are well-known for the big size and sweet taste.
The little lamas knew we biked, and they were so excited that they snatched
Michelia fuscataMichelia fuscataMichelia fuscata

Michelia Fuscata belongs Magnoliaceae in Naxi family in Lashi Lake area
to cycle our bikes. It was funny. I knew they are almost from Sichuan Province Or Xianggelila. Even though they stay in temple, they still have a choice to leave one day. Sounds good.
The villagers live a peaceful life here. The grandpa in my picture is 80 years old. I joked that I could have a picture with him because I am pretty. He said I am not pretty and he knew many pretty women on his 80 years life but not me. However he said he is good looking. Um, Not upset but feel Interesting!

After having lunch in villager’s house, we kept biking to the northern part of lashi lake. There are many tourists riding horses here. Seems funny but I like biking more!
It is a short but good trip.



Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

peach flowerspeach flowers
peach flowers

Peach flowers with blue sky
crab apple flowercrab apple flower
crab apple flower

the crab apple trees after the flowers, there are many very delicious fruits on tree


Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0326s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb