My 3 days tour to Wenhai, Lashihai and Tiger Leaping Gorge


Advertisement
Afghanistan's flag
Asia » Afghanistan
May 1st 2011
Published: May 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

WenhaiWenhaiWenhai

Wenhai
In the past 3 days, we did a trip to Wenhai, Lashihai and Tiger Leaping Gorge. It was an amazing trip. Even now I’m back I am still lost in the beautiful scenery. And I also make some good friends during this trip.
Now, let me show you some pictures of this trip. Just wait for exclaim!

On the first day, we drove from Lijiang to wenhai, And had a tasty lunch in the locals’ house. The dishes made me crashed 2 bowls rice.
After lunch, we started hiking from Wenhai to Lashihai.
Ok first, let me give you a brief introduction of wenhai.
《 New York Times》has an article called about Wenhai. Wenhai is a quiet and beautiful place. Many different kinds of plants and animals stay here and living happy lives. Now Wenhai are the most popular hiking place that attract many people to spend a few days.


On the way hiking, we walked in to a Yi’s house and Received a warm welcome. As we know, Yi people almost stay in mountains and live a herding life. And there are many unique traditions
Wenhai Snow MountationWenhai Snow MountationWenhai Snow Mountation

Wenhai Snow Mountation
of Yi. The grandma of the family also told us about Yi’s marriage tradition. Yi people usually married with cousins. Because of consanguineous marriage, the granddaughter had a congenital heart disease. So they had to gather money for her operation, and it made the family’s life more tougher. We gave the two shy girls chocolate, hope that it can make them happy.

And finally we came to Nanyao village in Lashi lake area before sunset. After having dinner in my house, we had some tea in the yard. There are trees and flowers around, and all I heard were birds tweeting. It was a beautiful and quiet night.


It was a lovely day the 2th day of my trip. We have a nice driving around Lashi lake.

And then we kept going to Shigu Town. This ancient town is named after a drum-shaped marble plaque. Built during the Jiaqing era (1548-1561) of the Ming Dynasty, the stone drum is a monument commemorating the victory of Lijiang's Naxi ruler over an invading Tibetan army. The stone drum has an obvious vestige of what appears to be a "rip" in it. It is said that
WenhaiWenhaiWenhai

wenhai cow
the stone drum would rupture prior to any war and then fold when peace returned.
Throughout time, Stone Drum Town was always a significant military area where many famous historical events have been taken place. It was here that Zhuge Liang, the famous and highly acclaimed military strategist of the Three Kingdoms Period, chose to cross the Yangtze River and gain "battle advantage" over his opponents. The first emperor of the Yuan Dynasty, Kublai Khan, used this place for his expeditionary forces to ferry across the river. In April 1936, the Second Route of the Red Army, led by General He Long and Ren bishi, crossed the river here and continued to march north. There are memorials here honoring the people whose histories are entwined with the Stone Drum Town.


After having a nice trip to Shigu town, we drove to Tiger Leaping Gorge.
The gorge (Hǔtiào Xiá), one of the deepest in the world, measures 16km long and is a giddy 3900m from the waters of Jinsha River (Jīnshā Jiāng) to the snow-capped mountaintops of Hābā Shān (Haba Mountain) to the west and Yùlóng Xuěshān to the east.
Our car kept driving on the
wenhaiwenhaiwenhai

wenhai
narrow road and finally climbed up to the Half Way Guesthouse.
I was shocked by the view in front when we arrived. Those mountains are so near that I want to touch them. I stayed on the balcony and felt the beauty of nature. Amazing!

Morning came soon, and I couldn't wait for hiking. Said bye to the guys I just know, I was on the way to Tina’s.
We planed to go to the walnuts park from the middle gorge.it's a hard part on our hiking,but it's ok when we saw so many beautiful sights.I am a superwoman........


Felt myself in a fairytale. The power of nature!


At 4 o’clock pm, we arrived at the walnuts park and finished our 3 days tour. On the way driving to Xianggelila, I am totally tired but happy!

Amazing trip, right?



Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

WenhaiWenhai
Wenhai

Wenhai
WenhaiWenhai
Wenhai

Wenhai flowers
Yi villageYi village
Yi village

Yi village
Yi villageYi village
Yi village

Yi village
grandma of Yi familygrandma of Yi family
grandma of Yi family

grandma of Yi family
lashihailashihai
lashihai

Lashihai
LashihaiLashihai
Lashihai

Lashihai
LashihaiLashihai
Lashihai

Lashihai
LashihaiLashihai
Lashihai

Lashihai
LashihaiLashihai
Lashihai

Lashihai
Zhiyun templeZhiyun temple
Zhiyun temple

Zhiyun temple
Shigu TownShigu Town
Shigu Town

Shigu Town
Shigu TownShigu Town
Shigu Town

Shigu Town
Tiger Leaping GorgeTiger Leaping Gorge
Tiger Leaping Gorge

Tiger Leaping Gorge
Road of Tiger Leaping gorgeRoad of Tiger Leaping gorge
Road of Tiger Leaping gorge

Road of Tiger Leaping gorge
Hlfway guesthouseHlfway guesthouse
Hlfway guesthouse

Hlfway guesthouse


12th September 2011

Tour guie and physically challenging?
Did you hire a tour guide from Lijiang, how physically challenging is it to hike from the Half way Guesthouse to Walnut Grove?

Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0349s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb