Published: November 7th 2009
July 31st 2008
Location: Macclesfield, Cheshire
South Korea Trip (Oct. 13 - Oct. 19, 2010)
o Korea : Food, People, & Randomness
o Part I : Korean Adventure
o Part II : Korean Adventure Visa Requirements (No Fee for Philippine Passport Holder):
- Employment Certificate (original)
- Bank Certificate (original)
- Income Tax Return (photocopy)
- 1 passport size colored picture
- First page Photocopy/Original Passport
- Fill up form
- Visa will be valid for 3 months from the time of issuance
- 90 days Maximum Stay Embassy of the Republic of Korea in the Republic of the Philippines
is located at:
122 Upper McKinley Road
McKinley Town Center
Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City 1634 Oct. 13, Wednesday
• 03:55PM : Departure at the NAIA Terminal 3 Airport, Manila
• 08:45PM : (Korea Time) Arrival at Incheon International Airport, S. Korea
*South Korea is one hour ahead of the Philippines.
*Promo Fare at PHP5,378.63
• 09:30PM : Subway
to Jongno-gu, Seoul (Jongno 3(sam-ga) Station).
• 11:00PM : Check-in at Sunshine Guesthouse
. Room rates, Reservation, Direction, Inquiries can be done/seen at their website.
***We also recommend Seoul Backpacker Hostels Oct. 14, Thursday
• 12:00PM : Lunch at a Traditional Restaurant around the Jongno-gu area.
• 02:00PM : English Tour at Jongmyo Royal Shrine
. Operating hours, Admission
Location: Macclesfield, Chesire
Fee, Guided Tours Information, Direction, and other information can be found here.
• 03:30PM : Unguided tour around Changdeok Palace
. Operating hours, Admission Fee, and Directions, can be found here.
• 05:30PM : Unguided tour around the Bukchon Hanok Village
(there is no Admission Fee and it's open whole day long). Direction, and other information can be found here.
• 07:30PM : Back at Jongno-gu Area for Dinner.
• 08:30PM : N Seoul Tower
. Operating hours, Admission Fees & Activities, Available Facilities, Interpretation Services, and Direction can be found here. Oct. 15, Friday
• 12:00PM : Lunch at Jongno-gu Area.
• 01:00PM : Strolling around Yeouido Park
(Admission is free & is open 24 hours). Bicycle rental is 3,000KRW / hour. Additional information can be found here
and official website is right here. Directions:
- From Exit # 1 of Yeouinaru Subway Station (Seoul Subway Line 5)
walk 10 minutes towards SBS TV Station.
- From Exit # 3 of Yeouido Subway Station (Seoul Subway Line 5), walk 5 minutes
towards the National Assembly building.
...or you can also go to Hangang Park
. We were not able to visit this park but they have interesting activities - for information,
Location: Grasmere, Lake District
• 03:00PM : Myeongdong Shopping District. Directions
Myeongdong Station (Seoul Subway Line 4), Exit 5, 6, 7, or 8.
Euljiro Il-ga Station (Seoul Subway Line 2), Exit 5.
• 05:30PM : Cheaper souvenir shopping and street food dinner at Namdaemun Market
. Direction and more information can be found here. Oct. 16, Saturday
• 09:30AM : Bus at Insadong, bound for Nami Island
. Transportation Options, Departure Time/Location, Fare, Reservation, and Directions can be found here
(From 'Home' click Information, then click 'Easy&Quick way to Nami').
*1 1/2 hours bus ride to the jetty terminal, and then about 30 minutes ferry ride to Nami Island.
***We also recommend Seoraksan National Park (OeSeorak)
as an alternative destination.
• 11:30AM : Lunch at Nami Island
• 01:00PM : Exploring Nami Island / Indonesia Cultural Week/ Photo Walk.
• 04:00PM : Heading back to Seoul.
• 06:30PM : Back in Seoul.
• 07:00PM : Checked out from Sunshine Guesthouse / Dinner at a nearby restaurant.
• 09:00PM : Transfer to Hongdae Area and checked-in at our next Hostel HEY backpackers - we really don't recommend this hostel, or generally just stay away from the Hongdae Area. But for those who are
Manchester Pride '08 Spectator
Location: Deansgate, Manchester
into bars, parties, and booze, check this place out! Hongdae Area
is an entertainment area and clubbing district in the Mapo-gu district of northwest Seoul, South Korea.
• 10:00PM Clubbing around Hongdae Area. Oct. 17, Sunday
• 09:00AM : Checked out from Hey backpackers
• 10:00AM : Breakfast at KFC (Hongdae Area) / Transfer to our next hostel
• 02:00PM : Checked in at Seoul Guesthouse
, a traditional Hanok. Guesthouse location is right here
. Room Prices and Reservation can be found at their website.
• 02:30PM : Late lunch at a Western Restaurant nearby.
• 03:00PM : On the way to the world’s largest indoor them park ‘Lotte World’
. Ticket Guide can be found here
, and Transportation Information can be found here.
*** You can also check out another outdoor theme park 'Everland'
. We were not able to visit this park but something interesting about this place is South Korea's first wooden roller coaster for those of you who are roller coaster enthusiasts. Oct. 18, Monday
• 12:00PM : Authentic Korean food for Lunch back at Jongno-gu Area.
• 01:00PM : Walking around, hunting for cheap gadgets shops.
• 02:00PM : Found gadgets haven, Yeongsan I’Park Mall.
Location: Ocean Park, Hong Kong
04:00PM : More shopping at Myeongdong Shopping District.
• 09:00PM : Back at our Hostel/Guesthouse for Dinner.
• 10:00PM : Night stroll around Bukchon Hanok Village
• 11:30PM : Evening snack/meal at a Japanese/Korean Resto Oct. 19, Tuesday
• 12:00PM : Traditional Korean Lunch
• 01:00PM : Last shopping trip at La Festa Mall, Ilsan
• 02:00PM : Side Trip : Seoul World Cup Stadium
• 09:35PM : Departure from Incheon International Airport, S. Korea
• 12:30AM : (Oct.20) Arrival NAIA Terminal 3, Manila
Indochina Trip : Vietnam – Cambodia – Thailand (July 3 – July 11, 2011) July 3, Saturday : Vietnam to Cambodia
• 12:25AM (Vietnam Time) – Arrival in Ho Chi Minh City Airport
*Philippines is an hour ahead.
• 01:40AM – Taxi from Airport to Pham Ngu Lau St. for 160,000VND
• 02:30AM – Pho Noodles (40,000VND) for Early Breakfast
• 06:00AM – Sapaco Tourist Bus from HCMC to Phnom Penh for 6 hrs. (10USD)
…or you can alternately take Mekong Express
• 08:00AM – Arrived at Vietnam – Cambodia Boarder
• 01:00PM – Arrived in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
– 3USD from Bus Station to The Lazy Lizard Guesthouse
Location: Langham Place, Mongkok
(20USD Room/Night for 3 people)
• 01:30PM – Lunch at the Guesthouse Bar and Restaurant
• 03:00PM – Phnom Penh: The Royal Palace and Silver Pagoda
(Admission : 6USD/Person)
• 05:00PM – National Museum of Cambodia
(Admission : 3USD / Guided Tour : 3USD)
• 07:00PM – Phnom Penh Night Market
(Admission : Free)
• 08:30PM – Khmer Barbecue for Dinner
• 10:00PM – Back at Guesthouse July 4, Sunday
• 09:00AM – Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum
(Admission : 2USD / Guided Tour : 2 USD) + 6USD Tuk Tuk Fare from the Guesthouse to the Museum
• 12:00PM – Lunch at ‘Friends (Mith Samlanh)’ Restaurant at #215, Street 13 (Near the National Museum)
• 02:00PM – Service picked us up from The Lazy Lizard Guesthouse to the Bus Station. The Guesthouse booked the Bus tickets for us.
• 03:00PM – Bus left Phnom Penh to Siem Reap for 6 hours (10USD/Person)
• 09:30PM – Arrived in Siem Reap Bus Station. Tim from Bou Savy Guesthouse
picked us up from the bus station.
• 10:00PM – Checked in at Bou Savy Guesthouse
(21USD Triple Room/Night) with Free Breakfast + 1 Free Dinner.
• 10:30 – Late Dinner at Greenhouse
Restaurant and Bar July 5, Monday
First Day of Bou Savy Siem Reap Temples
Tour Package with Tuk Tuk Driver for 14USD/3 Packs
• 04:30AM – Wake up Call.
• 05:00AM – Drove to Main Entrance and Admissions three-day pass for 40USD/person valid for one week.
• 06:00AM – Start of Day, Sunrise viewing at Angkor Wat.
• 08:00AM – Back at Guesthouse for Breakfast
• 09:00AM – Start of Temple Tour. First stop is South Gate, Central Angkor Thom
which includes Bayon Temple
, Terrace of the Elephants
, Terrace of the Leper King
, North Gate.
• 11:00AM – Thommanom
, Ta Keo
, Ta Phrohm
, Banteay Kdei.
• 01:00PM – Khmer food for lunch at a restaurant near Sras Srang
Royal Bathing Pond.
• 01:30PM – Back at Angkor Wat
• 05:00PM – off to Phnom Bakheng Temple
for Sunset viewing.
• 07:00PM – Back at the Guesthouse to freshen up
• 08:30PM – Free Dinner at the Guesthouse
• 09:30PM – Shopping/Strolling/Street Food at the Night Market July 6, Tuesday
Second Day of Bou Savy Siem Reap Temples
Tour Package with Tuk Tuk Driver for 25USD/3 Packs
• 08:00AM – Breakfast at the Guesthouse
Location: Kampong Glam, Singapore
09:00AM – Start of the 2nd Day Temple Tour starting at Pre Rup
, Banteay Srey
, Banteay Samre
, East Mebon
, Ta Som
, Neak Pean
, and Preah Khan
• 07:00PM – Eat-All-You-Can Dinner + Khmer Cultural Show at 10USD
• 08:00PM – Strolling around Siem Reap and to the Night Market. July 7, Wednesday : Cambodia to Thailand
• 06:30AM – Breakfast at Bou Savy
• 07:30AM – Tim drove us to the Bus Station bound for Bangkok (8USD/Person including mini-van transfer from Cambodia – Thailand Border to Bangkok)
• 08:00AM – Depart from Siem Reap
• 11:00PM – Arrived at Poipet, Cambodia (Cambodia/Thailand border). Visa processing, crossed to Aranyaprathet District, Thailand (Cambodia/Thailand border).
• 12:00PM –Transferred to mini-van bound for Bangkok.
• 12:30PM – Lunch stop somewhere.
• 05:30PM – Arrived at Bangkok, Khao San Road.
• 06:00PM – Checked in at Rambuttri House
(Triple Room for 1,100THB/Night)
• 07:00PM – Street Food Dinner at Khao San Road
• 08:00PM – Strolling around Khao San Road
. July 8, Thursday
• 07:00AM – Wake up call. We had to-go breakfast.
• 07:30AM Until 05:30PM – Tour with Tong in Bangkok
with Guide, normal sedan, gasoline,
toll fees for 4,540THB/10 hrs. Overtime fee is 250THB per hour.
FIRST STOP : Train Market (Maeklong Railway Market Bangkok).
SECOND STOP : Floating Market - 400THB per boat. We had Thai Food and went Souvenir Shopping – Tip: ask 1/3 of the price given.
THIRD STOP : Royal Thai-Handicraft Center.
FOURTH STOP : The Bridge on the River Kwai
FIFTH STOP : Tiger Temple
- 600THB per person.
SIXTH STOP : Thai Food for Lunch.
SEVENTH STOP : Monkey Temple.
EIGHTH STOP : Elephant Bath with Full Moon - 600THB per person.
• 06:00PM – Back in Bangkok to freshen up.
• 07:00PM – Street food for Dinner ‘carenderia’ style.
• 08:00PM – Roaming around Khao San Road
and more street food/fruits, then more souvenir shopping at the Night Market. July 9, Friday : Thailand to Vietnam
• 07:00AM – Wake up call.
• 08:30AM – Walked from our Guesthouse to the The Grand Palace, Bangkok.
(Admission Fee : 350THB/person)
• 10:30AM – Walked from the Grand Palace to Wat Pho (Temple of the Reclining Buddha)
(Admission Fee : 50THB/Person)
• 11:30PM – Back at our Hostel to check out.
• 12:00PM – Lunch at Starbucks in Khao
Location: Balangiga E. Samar
• 12:45PM – Back at our Hostel to collect our luggage.
• 01:00PM –Taxi to the Airport, previously booked by our hostel (150THB).
• 03:45PM – Depart from Bangkok International Airport
• 05:24PM – Touch Down at Tan Son Nhat International Airport, Saigon Vietnam
• 06:15PM – Taxi (150,000VND) from the Airport to Pham Ngu Lao St., Dist 1
• 07:00PM – Checked in at Nguyen Khang Hotel
(27,000VND Triple Room/Night).
• 07:30PM – Dinner Time.
08:30PM – Walked from Pham Ngu Lao to Bến Thành Market
• 10:00PM – Walked back from the Market to our Hotel. July 10, Saturday
• 07:00AM – Breakfast at a Restaurant nearby.
• 08:30AM until 03:00PM – Half day Cu Chi Tunnels Tour by Delta Adventure Tour (Cu Chi Tunnels) + Side trip at a Hand-made wood products Factory by War victims.
(18USD/3 Person for Bus & Tour Guide + 80,000VND/Person for Entrance Fees).
• 03:15PM – Back in Saigon for very late Lunch.
• 04:00PM – Walked to Ho Chi Minh City Museum (Admission Fee : 15,000VND), Reunification Palace (Admission Fee : 15,000VND), City Hall, the Municipal Theatre (also known as the Opera House), City Post Office (Admission Fee
4 x 4
Location: Within the borders of Tarlac, Pampanga and Zambales Provinces
: Free), Notre-Dame Cathedral, all the way to Bến Thành Market
• 08:00PM – Back at Pham Ngu Lao St. for Dinner, Vietnamese Food!
• 09:00PM – Strolling around Parks, Restaurant, and Bars
• 11:00PM – Checked out from Hotel. Our hotel booked a Taxi for us (160,000VND). July 11, Sunday
• 01:00AM – Departure from Ho Chi Minh City Airport
• 04:30AM – (Manila Time) Arrival at NAIA Terminal 3, Manila
There are more photos below