Boo Hoo i dont wanna leave!!


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
December 7th 2006
Published: December 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

hey!

so last time i was on i was just leaving Hanoi to go south to the vin moc tunnels, well made a bit of an error..... when i bought the tickets at Hanoi train station the woman miss heard me and i did'nt realise till when we were on the train. I asked for a ticket to Dong Ha and she thought i said Dong Hoi so i had to get off in the middle of fooking nowhere and no one and i mean no one spoke english, poo your pants time!, luckily i managed to get a ticket but had to wait for 5 1/2 hours for the train to arrive then it took another 6 1/2 hours to get to Hue, it was great!

i wont go through all the shite but basically we have travelled south through Hue, Hoi An, Nha trang and finally to Saigon, although the weather has been poo (due to a typhoon) i really love Vietnam and i dont want to leave, everyone goes on about how great Thailand is but i think Vietnam is sooooo much better, not that you should miss Thailand out as its still good. Dont know why but for some reason Vietnamese women have bigger jugs than Thai women, just thought i'd add that in case anyone was interested.

I've been through the DMZ and managed to get to the tunnels and checked out some of the bomb sites and american fire bases, but to be honest the best vietanm war experiences have been round Saigon in the War Remanants museum which opens your eyes as to what happened and whats still going on with the affects of agent orange. The Chu CHi tunnels were better than the Vin Moc tunnels mainly because i got to shoot some guns afterwards thats right "born to Kill", i fired an AK-47, M16 and M60 it was the nuts. We also had a guide called Tony who was really cool, he was actually in the war as an officer for the south vietnamese army, he was shot in the face and lost 6 men out of 12 of his platoon Ouch!

Still meeting loads of people on my travels which is cool, and getting wasted almost everynight, i really need to drink some water for once instead of a beer but when its only a few pence more i cant help it, my kidneys hurt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i cant actually remember the last time i did'nt have a drink how bad is that!

So to sum Vietnam up its been fooking wicked i've really loved it and i am gutted to be leaving, i'd definitley come back here everything is cheap you can get a really good hotel for $10 a night with air con, tv, pool etc and get a suit made for $40, i just wish i had time to do more things but i have to leave for Cambodia, Ratscocks!

Although Cambodia................. thats right you've guessed it, its cow explosion time. Seeing as i have now had my war training in the nam and all i feel quite prepared to be going to the shooting range here, war is raw, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! but i'll save that till the next blog.

Laters Guys



Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0256s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb