Vietnam


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Red River Delta » Hanoi
February 23rd 2012
Published: February 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hi,

Sorry were a bit slow with the blog, been up to lots. We made it to Vietnam and the weather did not get better. Our first activity was a 3 day junk boat tour of halong bay. It was only a 2 hr bus drive to the harbour where we boarded our boat. It holds about 16 people and the rooms were very spacious with a good sized ensuite. We were provided with all our meals and a variety of activities. They first took us to a cave which was much more exciting than it sounds. Then we kayaked around the cave and part of halong bay. We had a lovely dinner where we made friends with a Aus couple so got tips from them, and finished with some karaoke. The next day some of us switched to a smaller boat as our second night was to be spent in a bungalow on a beach. On the way we stopped Cat Ba island where we cycled through a local village and got see their traditional bungalows and farms. We eventually made to our bungalows which were situated on a small beach, accessed by a small pontoon.It was beautiful, unfortunately they were doing building work for a swimming pool but we could see that with all the improvements they were making, it would be a 5* exclusive beach resort in a few years. The next morning our smaller boat took us back to main boat where we had a cooking lesson in spring rolls and headed back to dry for our 2hr bus ride.

The next couple of days we did tourist, site seeing activities like Ho Chi Ming morsaleumm, museums and the water puppet show which was great fun and has apparently showed in Europe.

We then flew to kuala lumpur which I will write about another time as our Internet is terrible so sorry for any terrible spelling etc but writing this as quick as poss.

Lots of love xxxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb