Kuala Lumpur


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur » Bukit Bintang
February 26th 2012
Published: February 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

hi,

Having left colder Vietnam, we hit a stormy Kuala Lumpur. Our first impression was excellent, with a guard greeting us and suggesting a cab would be the cheapest way into the city. However, this was after waiting an hour to have our passports checked as they only had one person on our line, when there was 4 on another line. After half an hour they realised their stupidity.

We got to our guest house and headed out to the city. We had discovered our friend Simon from uni was also in KL so we tried to meet up with him. Unfortunelty he doesn't take his phone out with him at night but gave us a number of friends he had met. Unfortunetly Simon did not go to the correct bar but we still managed to meet his friend, one of which lives in KL so we got some good tips off him.

Our first day consisted of going on a segway tour of the botanical gardens which was super fun and beautiful. We then went to the KL tower, we had tried to go up the Patronous towers but it was under maintenance, just our luck, but we had been told it was a better view from the KL tower. We saw a few more sites and shopping through markets and called it a day as it started to chuck it down. We managed to meet up with Simon in the evening, and his friend took us to the Sky Bar which is in an amazing hotel. You get an amazing view of the towers at night and the bar has a pool running down the middle, it felt like a exclusive london bar. We only bought one drink, just for the experience.

The following day we went to an elephant sanctuary. We watched a video which was upsetting, of how they have to move elephants because their home has been taken over by farmers. But then you get to meet some of the rescued elephants, and they look so happy, and the keepers are nice. They showed off some tricks, and you get to feed them and then ride them. Unfortunetly the river level was too high so we couldn't swim with them. But they brought out the babies, which are soooo cute.

The following day, we attempted to do the hop on hope off tour, but spent an hour trying to find it, couldn't even see any buses driving past. We had lunch and established we had done so much already, the bus wasn't worth it. Insteasd we went to an open bird park and got to see a show and walk amongst the birds. We also went to the butterfly park which was the same idea (a bit harder to take photos of). We had our overnight train booked for Singapore in the evening so had a early dinner and went to the station. We booked first class, and we were impressed, the bathroom was better than some of the places we stayed. However, the journey was not. We hardly slept with all the noise and movement. But eventually we made it to Singapore, where it was sooooooooooooo hot.

Again, limited with time so will update you on Singapore. Were about to get our flight to New Zealad. It was take about 23hr so wish us luck, we will be sleeping at Brisbane Airport.

Lots of Love xxxxxxxxxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0356s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb