Misterious Halong Bay


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Northeast » Quang Ninh » Halong Bay
September 26th 2009
Published: October 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Majestic and mysterious is a great way to describe the impressive scenery in Halong Bay

We opted for a tour to take us to this incredible place, we were glad to pay a bit more for one that we got recommended. On the first day we had a four hour drive to Halong City where we boarded a boat taking us cruising through over 2000 lime stone islands. We stopped for a huge lunch including amazing fresh seafood that even Dale was keen to try, and I’m happy to say he enjoyed!
We spent an hour and half kayaking through hidden caves and searching for monkeys but not see any. After kayaking we enjoyed jumping off the boat into the warm water, the water was so salty that Dale was finally able to float.



We then made our way to the Ocean Beach Resort and enjoyed another huge feast of more fresh sea food and other favourites right on the beach front. We enjoyed staying in beach bungalows although I did get attacked by mosquitoes even with our net up.








Dale and I felt like we were the only ones at the resort because most people opted to stay on the boat for one night. It was great, we spent the morning relaxing on the beach then once the rest of our group come we went with them for another kayak to another beach.


That night we enjoyed another lovely dinner which was about 5 courses. We have found the food amazing and defiantly had more than enough; I will find it had to go back to budget eating.



On the way back to Halong City we sat on top of the boat and soaked up the marvellous bays once again. We saw floating villages which include a floating school and everything, the people on the villages are born there and die there and never leave for the mainland. They have everything they need it’s so interesting and hard for me to imagine. We have defiantly enjoyed our time in Halong Bay and would recommend it.



Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0214s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb