Vietnam


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Central Highlands » Lam Dong » Da Lat
February 29th 2008
Published: February 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Becca and I don't have huge amounts to report on since we left the hussle and bussle of Saigon but we have a few pictures to show.

Since Saigon we took a coach to a quiet seaside town called Mui Ne. We had been recommended the Lucy resort by Rach (thanks Rach) and booked ourselves in here for three nights. We felt a good rest was in need after all the excursions we had done in Saigon.

Lucy Resort was perfect for us. We met two fantastic couples, one from Scotland and a German couple who spent time with by the pool during the day and restaurants by night with delicious food and extremely cheap, but rather rancid wine. A night out for 6 of us with a two course meal and a helpful of drinks set us back 2 pounds fifty pence. What an absolute bargain.

We were recommended De Lat as our next destination, and this is where I am writing this blog from. The temperature here is much much cooler than Saigon and Mui Ne. So cold that the Vietnamese wear hats and scarves. It's hilarious. Becca and I go out in the evenings with a jumper on admittedly, and the locals are shivering in temperatures of about 17 degress. Anyone would think we were in the French Alps. Which leads me onto telling you about this strange town. It's very kitch and beautiful at the same time. We are surrounded by mountains and pine trees and French colonial buildings. It's very popular with vietnamese honeymooners. The people of smiley and not pushy in anyway.

We have decided to head up to Hanoi tomorrow as we are real keen to get up to the China border. To a place called Sapa. It's very cold up there and we are ill equipped with clothing, but we hope to get some warm jumpers in Hanoi. If someone can keep an eye on the temperature for us there, that would be great.




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



6th March 2008

missing you!!
I love your photos guys!! It's so good to actually see where you are. Guess you must be on the China border now freezing your piplets off!? So so jealous... Becca roo, what email address are you using? Big cuddles xxxxx

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb