Easy Riders - Central Highlands


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Central Highlands » Kon Tum
August 17th 2008
Published: August 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi All,


Another lot of free Internet time at our hotel in Hue so I thought, whilst Nat is frying, I would update you with a new post.

We left Nha Trang aboard two Honda Federal motorbikes with our drivers Bang and Chu heading into the mountaineous region of the Central Highlands. This trip was brilliant, both of us pushed our envelopes out as it was a fair jump from the 20 minute honda trip we made in the Mekong, this was a four day three night trip on motorbikes, over the next four days we would cover somewhere in the region of 930KM so we were pretty nervous at the beginning, however the scenary in this part of Vietnam is absolutely beautiful and it must be seen to be believed, it was not all sunshine we did get some pretty heavy downpours but this added extra drama to the day and also some of the snaps we managed to take.

We got to see some of the minority villages around this area and the people we met on the way were extremely friendly, at some of the stages when we stopped for lunch, coffee or due to a flat tyre it was amazing because we were in the middle of nowhere and for some of the local people it was their first time to meet in person a person with blond hair and blue or green eyes. An experience that will cherished for the rest of our days.

Rather than listen to me waffle on, I thought, as the scenary was so breathtaking on this trip, I would try to link off to an online gallery containing most of the images from this leg Gallery

We are off to have some lunch, Hue is a top place for some grub, though with temperatures hitting 37 Nat doesn't really have a huge appetite, so I am eating for two... Happy Days!!

Vixen just wanted to let you know that we are hoping to pick up some Dairy Lee and baguettes for our mammoth 14 hour train trip to Hanoi unfourtunately no salt and vineger crisps to accompany.

Toddle pip

Nat & Steo



Advertisement



19th August 2008

Easy Riders :-)
Easy Riders eh!!! The photo gallery is amazing. How can you better it?! I've just got back from two days in Guernsey and three days in Jersey with Jo, had a wicked time and suprisingly had good weather. Cant waitto hear more...keep em coming love n hugs x s x
24th August 2008

Your hair!
Nat! i notice from one of the photos that you have had all your hair chopped off!!! looks fab! nice to see you both looking so brown. miss you.xx

Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0733s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb