Kanchanaburi


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Western Thailand » Kanchanaburi
December 25th 2008
Published: December 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day 38 and Day 39 of my world trip seems Ceri, Andy and I in Kanchanaburi but the day did not start without it's hiccups from Chaing Mai. After leaving Chaing Mai we got a night bus down to Bangkok, the bus was really good but did not get much sleep on it. We arrived in Bangkok at 5:15 and was meant to be picked up at 5:30 but was not picked up to 7:30 as we were waiting at the wrong 7/11 shop to be picked up from. Could just tell right from the start that today was going to be a long day lol.
We started the day in Kanchanaburi by going to a floating market which was a bit disappointing as the market was not really floating. I thought it was meant to be market stools in little boats well it's not it's just a market next to the river so not really a floating market at all.
After the floating market we visited the world war 2 museum which is right next to the bridge over the river KWAI. The museum was a bit run down and it's a shame really as there is a good bit of history there and that's coming from me who normally don't give to hoots about things like that lol. The bridge it's self was cool I walked over it, I never knew it was still being used as a slow train was going across at the same but had plenty of time to get out of the way lol.
The highlight of this day came next where we all went to Tiger Temple. Ceri, Andy and I had our picture taken with about 7 of the tigers, they are just so amazing animals. I did have a once in a life time change to go back the next day and help look after the baby tigers for 90 pounds for 3 hours, which would involved feeding them a dead chicken, bathing them, swimming with them which would off been so cool to do but money is tight for the rest of Thailand and could not afford to do this, but was still fun just seeing the tigers.
At night we was staying at Kitti Rafts house which is a block of rooms build on the river, was really cool there staying on a floating house met a few nice people there a guy from Oz called jock who used to be a party animal but now been clean for 6 years, to guys from London Bash and Bob, and a few other people who's names I have forgotten, well it was only one day we got to see them lol.
The next day we got up quiet late and floated down the river on bamboo boats type things before going elephant riding AGAIN lol that 3 times and counting now lol.
After the elephant riding we were taken to the train station 5 hours early to start our journey to Ko Phangan and to make things worst our train was delayed by another 2 hours, to cut a really long story short it ended up taking us 28 hours to get from Kitti rafts Restaurant to Ko Phangan, which in that time I could of gone home gave the mother some washing and got back to Thailand lol. Anyway guys and girls this is the end of my trip to Kanchanaburi the next blog will come from Ko Phangan.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb