Day 7 - Kanchanburi Trip to Erawan falls


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Western Thailand » Erawan NP
January 28th 2007
Published: January 31st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Guess what. Another day on holiday and its 8:00 in the morning and we are waiting for the taxi to take is to Erawan falls at Erawan National park. The falls are a selection of 7 separate falls reaching a total walking distance of around 2 kilometers quite a bit of it is very hard going and some rock climbing is involved, so if your like Tess and got your are in a sling you might find it hard going, but after about 2 hours we made it but to tell you the truth the 4th and 5th are by far the best. Also watch out for the monkeys near level three as they are very cheeky, one acquired a pack of crisps out of my rucksack which was next to my feet then ran up a tree and opened them up and munched away at them "hope he felt ill" he never even offered his chums any either. So make sure your bag is done up.

Once we got down to the car park our driver was waiting to take us for lunch, we never had the heart to tell him we had just eaten, How's this for cheap
A bag of pineapple.
A selection of 3 different meats on sticks.
A can of beer.
A pack of bannana crisps.
A bottle of water.
All for 80 Baht about £1.30 that is value. Then we had Pad thai for dinner with more fresh fruit. No scurvy here.

Once we had finished we were taken to see the second largest Dam in Thailand the Si Nakarinda Dam which was big. It supplied electricity to most the city around here. Can’t say a lot more about it as we didn't really understand our guide, who by the way was very friendly.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0502s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb