Background: A unified Thai kingdom was established in the mid-14th century. Known as Siam until 1939, Thailand is the only Southeast Asian country never to have been taken over by a European power. A bloodless revolution in 1932 led to a constitutional monarchy. In alliance with Japan during World War II, Thailand became a US ally following the conflict. Thailand is currently facing armed violence in its three Muslim-majority southernmost provinces.
Photos from Ranong
No Start a Travel Diary Free Travel Blog Site
Blogs from Ranong
Latest Blogs from Ranong
- January 3rd 2014 Thailand. Bangkok - Kuraburi - Koh Surin
by Words: 743 Photos: 0
- March 10th 2013 Koh Samet, March 2013
by Words: 405 Photos: 15
- November 1st 2011 24 Hours in Ranong was 25 Hours to Long
by Words: 2021 Photos: 25
- April 25th 2011 Ranong and Koh Chang - very last island on the trip
by Words: 361 Photos: 1
- April 7th 2011 Beach bum
by Words: 83 Photos: 0
- March 22nd 2011 Ride #7: Khuraburi to Ranong
by Words: 2550 Photos: 0
- March 31st 2010 Red Shirts and Rafthouses
by Words: 738 Photos: 6
- December 18th 2009 Thailand is where the family is!
by Words: 3558 Photos: 16
- October 21st 2009 To Burma and Beyond!!!!!!
by Words: 1244 Photos: 56
- February 28th 2009 Monkeys and Mangroves
by Words: 281 Photos: 13
- February 9th 2009 Living Simple
by Words: 521 Photos: 0
- November 9th 2008 Koh Lao- Moken Village
by Words: 2460 Photos: 30
- November 3rd 2008 Ranong...
by Words: 1048 Photos: 26
- August 30th 2008 Imagine there's no countries . . .
by Words: 325 Photos: 12
- August 25th 2008 10 day SILENT retreat and Berma crossing
by Words: 1694 Photos: 11
- June 19th 2008 It's raining in Ranong, and Patrick goes to Myanmar
by Words: 487 Photos: 0
- April 11th 2008 Twee gekko's maken nog geen slang
by Words: 781 Photos: 40
- March 30th 2008 rijstepap
by Words: 934 Photos: 9
- March 23rd 2008 een heleboel bier
by Words: 1025 Photos: 24
- March 15th 2008 begrafenis en een schoolfeest!
by Words: 1237 Photos: 18