Phuket - Karon Beach


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
May 19th 2008
Published: December 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Patong Beach Karon Beach

19/05/2008

Karon BeachKaron BeachKaron Beach

View from our resort pool with Karon Beach in the background
Today we slept in as much as we could since we were so tired from yesterday but we still got up around 10AM. We packed up our stuff and checked out of the resort, today we were heading down the coast to a place called Karon Beach. We left Deevana Patong Resort and headed down the street to get a taxi. We had trouble finding one so we spoke to a tuk-tuk driver and convinced him to take us for 200B, maybe a little expensive but we were to hot to really care. He took us to a Ramada resort by mistake before finally dropping us at Pacific Club Resort, we gave him an extra 20B for his trouble. We checked in at our new resort, received our complimentary arrival cocktail and reception took us to our room which was very nice and very clean. We changed into our bathers and headed straight for the pool to cool off.

It was an unusual shaped pool but it had a cool waterfall and a fantastic view of Karon Beach because it was on the roof. We ordered some drinks and food but ended up taking most of the food back because
Karon BeachKaron BeachKaron Beach

View of Karon Beach from the roof of our resort
it wasn’t cooked properly. We spent most of the afternoon hanging around the pool because it was such a hot day. In the early evening we decided to get changed and go find some food down in Karon Beach. We walked down the main road but didn’t really find anything that didn’t sell seafood. We gave up and walked back to the resort to try dinner at the restaurant. We sat at a table searched through the menu and ordered some food. After a long wait it finally came out, mine was quite good, but Hannah ordered pasta which was horrible. It said nothing about large chunks of tofu but they put some in anyway, she complained, send it back and settled with toast and jam for dinner. Afterwards we headed back up to our room and eventually fell asleep.

Accommodation:
Pacific Club Resort



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Karon BeachKaron Beach
Karon Beach

Our resort's fantastic rooftop pool
Karon BeachKaron Beach
Karon Beach

Our towels shaped as swans in our room at the resort


Tot: 0.327s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 74; dbt: 0.2053s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb