Well, we needed some quality 'relax time'


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Krabi
November 25th 2008
Published: November 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

It said 'Krabi Tropical Beach Resort'.

Well, it's tropical, there's a beach............. it's also unseasonably pissing down with rain. If we were on a two week break I'd probably be a little disappointed. As it is I arrived from the north with an unpleasant cold, so I'm just making the most of the time to read a couple of books, watch some movies on the laptop, make some onward travel arrangements, save money, surf the net, fuss up the resident hotel dog, "Donatella" ( an Alsatian/Staffie cross who is huuuuuge!)............. and watch the rain.

We leave here in a few days to go about 3 miles down the road to a brand new 'minimalist' hotel where I've managed to get a mighty reduction on the rates and hopefully the rain will have stopped and we can get some long-tail boat action out to some islands for some decent snorkelling. Actually, the rain break has been good for me because 2 flights to get down here with a heavy cold hadn't done my ears any favours at all and it would have been wise not to go snorkelling anyway. I would have been happier with a bit of sun to sit in though.

Never mind, between downpours we've managed to lay about under cloudy skies and get our skins accustomed to the UV without having to go heavy on the SPF. More money saved!!!!!

It's taking a while to get used to the radically different culture down south, but we're getting there. I'd sort of forgotten how much more geared to the tourist industry everything down here is.

It's all good though 😊)

We have been pretty lazy here - reading, seen some weird movies on tv. I've used the pool but generally it's been time to rest. After the first hectic couple of weeks its been good to just chill, just hope have the energy to get moving again....



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



25th November 2008

New hotel
'minimalist' hotel ' Okay, what does that mean as it conjures up all sorts of ideas. Like no bathroom, no windows, one small bed ? Certainly do not go deep underwater until ears are perfect ! Bad things can happen to you and you cannot afford to lose more of your brain ! Weird movies, are there any other kind ? Enjoy your rainy break, just like home .
25th November 2008

New hotel
Non-fussy is what it means :)). Plasma screen TV, clean lines, ultra-modern wet room...... not at all 'Thai'. I went and had a look round before 'negotiating'. They looked a bit desperate to have 'cool-looking' people like me and Mrs A hanging round the place so they acceded to my offer. It'd go down a storm in Barcelona :))))
25th November 2008

Alsatian/Staffie cross
Rick, I'll grab a pic of her at breakfast (if she's in a good mood!) and add it. She's a sweetie.
26th November 2008

TV
Not that you are going to spend hours watching TV but for news, etc. is anything broadcast in English ? Or have you become fluent in the local language ? This new place sounds very nice. " Cool People " huh ? Hmmmm....
27th November 2008

Rain. you don't know you are born
At least its warm and raining. After 6hrs of delays we landed at Heathrow in 2degrees and snow. At least we managed to get out though, another 24hrs and we may have had to stay with you both for the entire trip. Enjoy the rest of your time.

Tot: 0.186s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1493s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb