Tiger Cave Temple


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Krabi
April 24th 2018
Published: April 24th 2018
Edit Blog Post

What would you do on your last day in Thailand?

Visit a temple of course!

Tiger Cave Temple sits high up on a tall lime karst overlooking the small town of Krabi.

We jumped on a local bus right outside our guest house which took us all the way to the temple for 50 Baht each (£1).

As we were dropped off the driver pointed to a sheet with times written on and indicated he would pick us up at the time we pointed to. We chose 12.30. Three hours later. Service!!

We walked around the temples at the bottom before tackling the 1267 or so steps to the top.

Within minutes we were pouring with sweat stopping frequently to catch our breath and take in the fantastic views.

Finally, at the top we walked around and took the obligatory photos before the long climb back down. It was far easier than the slog up!

We had gone early to avoid the heat of the day, by now it was 11.30am and I felt sorry for the people only just starting out, gaspi g their way up the steep steps some as high as 30 / 40 cms each and very narrow.
I was so proud of Stan, he made it to the tip and back despite his recent two new knee replacements!

A last look around before we went to find the bus stop. Despite it only being 12.10 the bus was there and the driver sat eating in the local cafe.

We expected he would want to wait until 12.30 to set off but no, he quickly finished his meal and gestured us to get in and off we went.

Back in Krabi he dropped us off practically at our guesthouse door. Result! Most other people had gone on expensive ' tours' we did it the local way for a fraction of the price!!

Tomorrow .....Malaysia.
.






Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0245s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb