Sea Sickness and Beauty


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
February 12th 2007
Published: February 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

IslandIslandIsland

Here are a few of the accomodations on Koh Tao.
So we had an early start to the day when it was time to head to Koh Tao. We were up at 6:00am and packed as we took all our stuff with us on the trip. This morning was the only morning we got rain and all our stuff got wet as we waited on the beach for our boat. It could have been worse though, we could have been Amy who did not stay in the night before like the rest of us. Needless to say she didn't enjoy the trip like the rest of us. We were picked up by a speed boat and several of us climbed aboard. We met some really cool people on the trip including a handful of Canadians. We had to travel about 2 hours to get to the island and I discovered that I do not get sea sick, while the Hillstead boys don't do as well at sea, but they made it in one piece. By the way trying to sleep on a boat that is bobbing up and down and travelling very fast is not an easy task but we all managed to do it. Once we hit the island the sun came out...yay!! we pulled up to the dive boat and climbed aboard. There we met the main dive master who is German with little tiny glasses that covered only his eyeballs and a little funny beard. Okay I know it's not nice to poke fun but all us Canadians ended up doing German accents the rest of the trip. We got our gear and headed out. Ryan and I snorkled and Kyle and Paul Scuba Dived (Amy slept). The reef we went over was beautiful and full of colour. The water was crystal clear and it was easy to see things. Ryan and I also cleared the reef and swam to shore and chilled on a quiet beach. As I was saying we met some cool people on our trip and when we got sick of swiming we all chilled on the boat and chatted. This island is very small with few accomodations, which makes it cleaner and more attractive. After the swimming we headed towards Koh Phangan and the ride was not smooth. The waves were 10 feet and we had to hold on cause you could easily get tossed out of the boat, as for lifejackets, we had none. I thought this was somewhat fun, like a fair ride but again this ride made others feel sick. We survived the trip and made it to the next destination.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

WowWow
Wow

Crystal clear water and white sand.
SandSand
Sand

This is a lovely stretch of sand that went between two parts of the island.
ChillinChillin
Chillin

Lisa hanging out on the dive boat.
Amy and KyleAmy and Kyle
Amy and Kyle

Just eating some lunch on the dive boat...the swaying didn't make Bear feel so good.
BoatsBoats
Boats

All the boats on one side of the island. There are many dive boats for tourists.
SnorkelingSnorkeling
Snorkeling

The reef we looked at was so pretty and interesting.
RyanRyan
Ryan

Jumping in off the boat.
RyanRyan
Ryan

Havin a good time~


7th March 2007

i don't believe that is how the story went....you see i was volunteering my time at an orphanage the night before the dive trip that was why i was soo tired....i spent the whole night donating my time to charity....i know you cant all be saints like me but at least give me some credit!

Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0494s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb