Ko Samui - Chaweng Beach


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
May 21st 2008
Published: December 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Phuket - Ko Samui

21/05/2008

Amari ResortAmari ResortAmari Resort

Our amazing 5 star luxury resort along Chaweng Beach
We woke up early today, packed our stuff and waited for the resort taxi to take us to Phuket airport for our flight to Koh Samui. We checked in, got some breakfast and soon enough boarded our flight. It was a short flight and by 10:30AM we were waiting for our luggage to arrive in Koh Samui. We squeezed into a shuttle bus with lots of other people and they took us to Amari Resort. This place was our only five star resort on this holiday, we thought we’d spoil ourselves since we didn’t really enjoy the previous resort. Already this resort was looking amazing, the pool was incredible and the beach was only meters away from the resort pool. When we arrived our room wasn’t ready yet so we sat in the bar and had a drink and bought some internet time, while we waited. It wasn’t too long before we went up to our room, and it was awesome. Easily the best room we’d stayed in yet and so far the service was fantastic.

We got changed and went down to the pool. We had a bit of a swim then ordered some more drinks and some lunch.
Chaweng BeachChaweng BeachChaweng Beach

Our amazing pool in Amari Resort
I went for a short walk along the beach to check out Chaweng Beach but besides that for the rest of the afternoon we sat by the pool and relaxed. Later in the afternoon the weather began to change and it wasn’t long before it started pouring down rain. We rushed back into our room and dried off. A little later when the rain dies down we headed down to the bar for a few drinks and to use the internet. We spent quite a while on the internet skyping home then went to another Italian restaurant which was run by the resort, called Prego. It was amazing, one of the best restaurants I’ve ever been to, the food was unbelievable, the staff were fantastic and it was all very cheap, we vowed to come back here. After dinner we went back into our room and went to sleep.

Accommodation:
Amari Resort



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Chaweng BeachChaweng Beach
Chaweng Beach

The massage hut which looks out on the beach at our resort.
Chaweng BeachChaweng Beach
Chaweng Beach

View down Chaweng Beach from right outside our hotel.
Chaweng BeachChaweng Beach
Chaweng Beach

The rain came from nowhere and absolutely threw it down.
Chaweng BeachChaweng Beach
Chaweng Beach

Amari Resort and dusk after a massive downpour


Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0222s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb