Ko Phi Phi


Advertisement
Published: June 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We were up early this morning and got picked up by our tour company to take us to our boat tour. We were headed to Koh Phi Phi. We were driven to a place and joined a big group of others before getting a run down of the day. We also got anti-sickness pills as we were going on a speedboat.

Pictures

Our first stop was Maya beach which is where the movie The Beach with Leonardo Dicaprio was filmed. It’s a beautiful beach and you can see why they filmed there. But, it was super crowded and every other tour boat was also there. We swam in the glorious warm water for 20 minutes or so. It’s a perfect just sand beach with gorgeous surroundings.

Next stop was Monkey beach which is a small beach where monkeys come down from the jungle in hopes of getting fed by tourists. We were all given some banana to feed to them. But again, it was sooo busy that it was hard to get close to any monkeys and by the time we got there they weren’t hungry anymore. But we left our bananas for them later. I did get close to some but they move pretty fast.

From there we went around another island and stopped the boat for us to go snorkeling. You can see all the fish from the boat. I was a bit scared and it took me quite a while before I’d finally jump off the boat and into the water. The water is sooo clear and you can see tons of coral and lots of fish. It was fun and a bit scary haha. Didn’t see any sharks.

From there we headed to another island for a buffet lunch. Busy spot again as all the boats stop there. After lunch we headed to another island and another beach. We tried to go swimming but there was so much dead and broken coral that we couldn’t walk into the water without our feet getting hurt. We just enjoyed the beach under the shade of a nice umbrella. Then it was back to Patong Beach.

If I could do things over again I would have chosen to stay on Koh Phi Phi instead of Patong Beach. But live and learn!


Advertisement



9th June 2010

Beautiful Beacand Scenery
What a beautiful beach. Makes me want to be there! But---- is there any fishing??!!??
10th June 2010

You look dead sexy in that snorkel mask ;)
10th June 2010

Haha Thank you...I fill it out nicely I think.

Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0739s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb