Wish you were here!!!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Lanta
March 15th 2006
Published: March 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Beth with the fishesBeth with the fishesBeth with the fishes

Loads of nimos and larger colourful fish!
Have just been to heaven!!! Been to the south thailand beaches. Mainly on a lovely, secluded island called Koh Lanta. We stayed 6 whole days in one place. Lots of snorkling and swimming. We had to buy postcards because our photos dont quite show how beautiful it is. Hope you enjoy the pics and they make you jealous -he he!!!!
Now back in Bangkok as our flight to Austarlia today. Yesterday was Beths birthday so we spoiled ourselves by shopping ( for 5 hours!!-everythinng so cheap-mum has another parcel of goodies coming!), then thai oil massage ( so nice after all our trekking!!!-she kinda spent more time massaging my bum than i liked however!!! ) and then went for a swim in our lovely hotel pool. I hope Beth enjoyed her birthday as much as i did. Felt like it was mine too!
Wont spend ages blogging as will let the pictures speak for themselves. Really sad to be leaving Asia. Have loved it and cant wait to come back!!!
Next stop Oz. Going to stay with Dawn in Melbourne. Thank you in advance for picking us up and giving us smelly travellers shelter!!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Koh NgaiKoh Ngai
Koh Ngai

The most beautiful beach ever!!!
Boat tripBoat trip
Boat trip

This is one of the boats we went snorkling from. Our driver was a boat boy racer!!! we nearly tipped over!!!
This is Maya BayThis is Maya Bay
This is Maya Bay

Where they filmed 'the beach'
Maya BayMaya Bay
Maya Bay

Really disappointing here as far too many tour boats ( snorklers and divers all on top of each other) and litter everywhere. You also had to pay extra to go on the beach just because Leo sat there. Does he realise what he has done???!!!
another beach...another beach...
another beach...

Just to prove we are both here together!!!
Our cool dude boat drivers at Koh LantaOur cool dude boat drivers at Koh Lanta
Our cool dude boat drivers at Koh Lanta

He loved his glasses!!! ....
and this is the staff by nightand this is the staff by night
and this is the staff by night

They loved to get us in there bar by the beach to play jenga!!! cocktails great too!
Our bungalow by the beachOur bungalow by the beach
Our bungalow by the beach

complete with big cockroach apparently called Steve
Lastly a serious note....Lastly a serious note....
Lastly a serious note....

one of our guides lost 4 friends....I like how informative the poster is...you kinda run..up hill!!! good advice i think!!


15th March 2006

WoW
Wow, the beaches look amazing, makes me want to jump into the water. I can't believe you are leaving Asia already, It does not seem five minutes since you left!

Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0249s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb