Time to go and find the Sun


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Lanta
January 9th 2020
Published: January 9th 2020
Edit Blog Post

After a few months of damp cold weather it's time for us to go in search of some sunshine.

It all started out as just a simple trip back to Thailand, to Ko Lanta where we've met up with Sharon, Scott and the two grandchildren twice before.
Sadly this time they won't be there as the children are now in school back home in California, but over the last two trips we made many new friends who also often return to escape their winter in Finland ,Germany and Sweden.

Once the flight was booked Stan came up with the idea of adding a bit of spice and taking a side trip to India for a couple of weeks.

Well, I agreed but I can tell you what seemed like a good idea at first turned into one big hassle. But then that's India for you. ( and we're not even there yet!)

We'd read that trains need to be booked well in advance. As we were planning to do the Golden Triangle starting in the North near Dehli, we needed to take five different trains. So after much research and planning, web sites that kept crashing, trains that were already fully booked we finally had all the plans in place. Flights from Phuket, hotels and trains.

Then came the visa. To cut a long story short, it took a long week of filling in endless forms on the Indian government web site , trying to convert photos to PDF files of specific sizes, we made it with just one day left before we leave home.

So now it's time to sit back and relax and and get my mind around the last minute jobs that always seem to crop up.

Next time I post, all being well, we'll be in the crazy city of Bangkok.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 23; dbt: 0.1072s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb