Family Time


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Lanta
March 25th 2018
Published: March 28th 2018
Edit Blog Post

The last few weeks have been mostly family time. We've spent a lot of time just bumming on the beach and in the sea,
Jake and Kyla are really beginning to swim well alone and because there has been up to four adults with them they could practice swimming from one to another in relative safety without floatation aids.

For a change from the sea we all visited a water park one day which proved to be fun for both adults and children with crazy water slides that hurled you into the pool at break neck speed and huge floating things that crept up on you in the breeze like some kind of monster.

There was also a restaurant on the next beach front along that had a children's pool full of slides and water fountains. So all in all despite the searing heat we're experiencing here we were able to keep cool.

Another major attraction here are the restaurants along the beach that have fire shows in the evening. Kyla and Jake have always loved those and so some nights their bedtime was stretched out so they could stay up and watch them.

A couple of days before my birthday we booked a beach front table at Thai cat restaurant. After dinner everyone unexpectedly produced cards and a present. We ordered chocolate brownies and ice cresm for dessert, Kyla and Jake put candles on and sang Happy Birthday to me. By the time of my actual birthday they will have set off on their travels to Australia.

Of course in between the family time Stan and I managed to join in with a few parties, mostly at Jam bar. Things are really beginning to quieten down here now as we enter into low season. The weather is still good, hot and dry but the humidity is the most difficult thing.
We moved from our lovely bungalow at blue sky to an air conditioned room next to sharon but soon began to regret it as sore throats kicked in big time.

We have now travelled to a small island in Indonesia where things will certainly be back to basics.


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0484s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb