Day 19: Trekking in the jungle‏


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Khao Sok NP
December 28th 2012
Published: December 31st 2012
Edit Blog Post

After a pleasant nights sleep in our deluxe villa, we vacated to find backpacker-type accommodation. After a lot of 'no room at the inn' we stumbled across a nice little family-run place called Bamboo house. A basic room yet perfectly comfortable, we dumped our bags and headed out to Khao Sok National Park. We hiked up the trail to two waterfalls and came across some interesting sights and sounds. We saw lots of lizards and frogs, no cats or tigers (thankfully). There were some crazy animal sounds echoing around the rainforest, some sounded like car alarms, others like electric drills. James went for a swim in the river - in his pants (scaring away the locals - large fish). After a nice day we decided to move on to Krabi the next morning, there's lots more we could have done in the park including a lake tour, but we were still pretty shattered.
Baileys bit:

We haven't quite grasped the heat thing yet, we seem to do most of our walking during the hottest part of the day and wonder why we are sweaty messes by 1pm! The owner/father at the guesthouse entertained us over dinner with stories of animals in the jungle while also catching a tree frog attracted by the lights and bugs!

Daily mileage: 4 went to find a resort that we were thinking of staying in. Turned out it would have been a 2 mile walk away from the park. Managed to be chased by a pack of dogs, must have hit 4:30min/mile in my escape!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0648s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb