Day 18: Journey to Khao Sok National Park‏


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Khao Sok NP
December 27th 2012
Published: December 31st 2012
Edit Blog Post

We've faced tigers, elephants, rapids on a bamboo raft and sea creatures while SCUBA diving. I did not however expect the scariest part of our trip so far to be .... the local bus. This ancient transportation device looked pretty unsafe and the driver seemed determine to drive with one hand - the other holding his phone or cigarette and he seemed to blast the horn at every other vehicle! At one point he even got out his own personal backscratching tool and did that while at the wheel.

Although it was dark by the time we arrived, Khao Sok had a fresh adventurous air to it and we could just about make out the huge mountainous scenery of the national park. James made a friend at dinner - a gecko pooed on his ear! Our jungle villa is huge and we hope to explore the national park tomorrow.

Baileys bit:

Another long journey, but we have arrived safely. Khao Sok feels very different to Koh Tao so it will be interesting to see what it has to offer. Koh Tao was a wonderful little island apparently more chilled that Koh Pha-ngan (even with the 3am finishes) and the beaches and sea life is amazing. However I feel that in a few years it may lose this feeling. The sea front and surrounding areas were scattered with building sites for large hotels or shops and once they are completed I feel this will commercialise the island to a level similar to European resorts.

Daily mileage: 3 was able to get out for a quick run on the coastal path before we left on our day long journey.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb