A change is as good as a rest


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ao Nang
December 30th 2006
Published: February 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The "Blue" Lagoon?The "Blue" Lagoon?The "Blue" Lagoon?

The first stop on our boat trip was to what is apparently a beautiful lagoon - when the tied is in that is. The muppet driving the boat look as there at low tied so it was not so much blue but brown and the floor seemed to move as you walked across it and hundreds of little sand crabs scattered to get out of the way diving into tiny little holes.
My three day rock climbing course was arranged to allow for a rest day, two days consecutive climbing, a rest day and then the final and third days climbing. On my 'rest day' however we decided to Kayak around Hong Island and do a bit of snorkeling.

It was a good day out tied in with a bit of a boat trip to a lagoon and some deserted islands as well.

Whilst kayaking around the island we pulled up by a kind of cave area and started to get our snorkels out for our first exploration into the water when I realised that I was about to dive on top of a sea snake, it was right beside us just weaving about on the waters surface. These are venomous and can kill so I'm told, but at the same time they are not aggressive and they are so small that it would be difficult for them to administer a bite unless they caught you on the fingertips or toes. Never the less we decided it was probably better to kayak a few metres further up before jumping in.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Did you see that too?Did you see that too?
Did you see that too?

Gatting ready to jump in the water when I spotted the Sea Snake on the surface
Deserted IslandDeserted Island
Deserted Island

- Till we turned up!
Rush hour at the beachRush hour at the beach
Rush hour at the beach

It's a nightmare getting parked around here!


Tot: 0.179s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 58; dbt: 0.1049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb