Pai beautiful Pai!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Pai
November 21st 2008
Published: November 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Pai (pronouced pie!!) is amazing, only intended to go for 2 days but ended up staying for ten days!! The countryside is gorgeous and the people are really friendly and the atmosphere is so laid back. Every night there are different bands playing in the bars - standards vary!! Our particular favorite was a thai man we named Pai Lennon!! And his girlfriend was Yoko Thai!

Hired a motorbike for a few days and went to the waterfalls in the surrounding areas, also visited the canyon just outside of pai and got some good sunset photos.

Every evening at the guesthouse we would light a fire and all sit around it (because unbelievably at night it was bloody freezing!!) and the talented ones amongst us would play guitars and sing (so not me!!). On a couple of nights we got together and cooked food together. The first time some Thai guests cooked us some traditional food and then the next time the spanish guys (Pablo and Pedro) made spanish omlette and we cooked masses of mash potato!! it was so much fun as we had a really good group of people. On the night of the full moon party we went out into town and had a brilliant night. The sky was full of glowing lamps as everyone lights one and sends it up into the sky in order for their wishes to come true, they also send candles down the river for good luck.

Perhaps the highlight of Pai was the elephant riding. Although it was very touristy it was such fun. We rode an elephant called Ban Wat and she was 36yrs old and absolutely huge!! We went with her to the river and then went swimming with her - well she threw us off in the water several times!! So much fun i am giving up horses when i get home and starting elephant riding!!

On my last morning in Pai we went to the hot springs which were so nice and so hot. Then i took the bus to chang mai and then overnight to Bangkok which is where i am now!!

p.s. sorry that the last two blogs are a bit rushed but it costs alot to us the internet here and i am tight!! love you all xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 63, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 45; dbt: 0.047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb