goddamnit


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Pai
November 16th 2006
Published: November 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

So I was busy watching Titanic on the television I have in my room at the guesthouse, which is more like a kind of nice riverside resort than a guesthouse, and just when it was getting good (the part where the ship splits in half) the channel suddenly goes all crazy and switches programming to a weird Thai singalong music video show. Geez louise.

There seems to be a lot of shirts that say "do nothing in pai" up here in Pai, and I tell you, that's what I seem to be doing. There really is nothing at all wrong with doing nothing, but for me I feel like I feel when i'm back home in Regina and unemployed. Kind of like a useless sack of goo.

At the same time as I feel like a useless sack of goo i'm not ready to venture out into the depths of this place and have a good old fashioned adventure. I'm not really the adventuring-in-foreign-country type. I guess i'm also not really the let's-have-a-life-changing-experience-in-a-foreign-country-type which I think is the main difference between me and a lot of people I run into on my travels. Don't get me wrong, i'm having an alright time, i'm having fun, i'm seeing neat shit and eating good stuff and learning all kinds of things, it's good....really.

It kind of feels like i'm just here to pass the time. Which isn't a bad thing. Right?

In conclusion, if anybody goes travelling ever, anywhere, get travel insurance.

Advertisement



20th November 2006

It might be a good idea to get yourself in a lot of trouble. like go walking around dark alleys at night, or take dangerous amounts of locally grown hallucinagens. That would at least be different than doing nothing.

Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 5; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0558s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb