25/11/08 Tiger Kingdom!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
November 26th 2008
Published: November 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Had a pretty relaxed evening last night and morning, so tired from trek. In the afternoon we decided to go to Tiger Kingdom just outside of Chiang Mai. We weren't exactly sure what to expect as our experiences of animals and their carers has been varied to say the least. But it outdid all expectations. The tigers seemed well cared for. There were for age groups you could spend time with and were charged for each. We decided to see the 0-4 months and 2ys+ Adults. WOW WOW WOW. We went into the enclosure for the cubs and were allowed 20 minutes with them. The handlers were playing games with them a bit, but mostly they lounged in the heat. You could get soooo close!! We had a little cuddle with them and one went on my lap (only for a second though!!). It was a little daunting even at that size...

We then moved to the bigboys... Being put in an enclosure with fully grown tigers for 20 minutes was fantastic. They werent sedated or anything - at one point they had a bit of a brawl with eachother - but they were justlazing in the sunshine. We were told they were more fiesty in cooler weather. The handler stayed right by us the whole time, telling us what we could and couldnt do and making sure the tiger wasnt agitated by our presence. We could get so close and were able to stroke them and lye by them!!!! Looking at the photos, I still cant believe that was us!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0916s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb