Chiang Mai Zoo!!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
June 29th 2007
Published: June 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi all,

On wednesday we had planned to have another lazy day around the pool but it started to rain (again!!!) so we decided to do more sightseeing. We visited Wat Phra Singh and Wat Chiang Man. Wat Phra Singh was an array of very impressive buildings. A 14th century chedi containing the remains of king Kam Fu. Inside the main Wat was a huge buddha image surround by much smaller buddhas. The walls are decorated by 19th century murals. Wat Chiang Man is Chiang Mai's oldest temple. Inside are two images of Buddha, one in stone and the other in crystal. These images are carried around the city during festivals as they are revered for their rain making powers.

Yesterday was the day we went to visit the local zoo. Not reading the guide book and thinking it was small we decided to walk around it. I now quote from the book " the grounds are too big and too hilly to walk around" and don't we now know it!!!! The zoo was huge and set up in the mountains. A surprisingly large array of animals to rival chester!! Amongst these animals, it included kates favourite giraffes and second favorite tapirs!!! She was soooooo excited!! then we got to the Giraffes and Kate wee'd her pants she could feed the giraffes and touch them!! Luke calmed her down (so not to scare them off) and we took LOADS of photos! for those who know Kate well you will know her love for giraffes and will understand this! The zoo was really good and we spent all day there. There was a breeding set of pandas but you had to pay more to go in and see them and the lady told us they were asleep at that time and we could see them on tv so we didnt go in!

We are off back to Bangkok tomorrow, flying down as luke couldn't cope with the train again. After a couple of days we plan to go down to the beach resort of Hua Hin.

Its been nice to here from people who have left comments and messages. Thanks

Take care and we be back with more soon. x


Additional photos below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Tuk TukTuk Tuk
Tuk Tuk

crazy!!!
Feeding the giraffe'sFeeding the giraffe's
Feeding the giraffe's

Can you tell kate is excited!!
I think Lukes excited too!I think Lukes excited too!
I think Lukes excited too!

But not as much as kate
TapirTapir
Tapir

Kates second favorite animal! cute!


3rd July 2007

managed it again
katie luke brilliant pictures but where are the horses?
4th July 2007

wow
Hi Katie and Luke, i cant believe you got to feed a giraffe! my aim in life is to treat one when i get my MSc!!! dead jealous of your trip looks fab your not missing much here except shit loads of rain and rain and rain! keep updating the blog- love H
14th August 2007

lucky kate
Hi you to. Glad to see you still having a whale of a time. And you got to see real giraffes and touch them! Thats fantastic. Can't see all the photos at the mo but the ones I have are excellent. Carry on having fun Love Julie

Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 12; qc: 62; dbt: 0.1194s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb