All Cultured up!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Singburi
August 2nd 2008
Published: August 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hii

This week has been cultural week! Wasn't as busy as last week so had plenty of time to read, play badminton and have a few nights at the bar with the puppies... they have new collars so cute 😊. We also went to our temple stay, where we found more puppies… sorry chilli. The stray dogs all live in the temples and its really sad to see most of them ill but they’re well cared for there.

I was really looking forward to the temple stay but it seemed to get hotter there.. if that is even possible! We got there after lunch and changed into our white robes that looked a bit like we were all in a 'home'. then wandered off down the village and around the market. (bought another couple of cute tshits worked out at about (pound sign)1.30p each.. but i cant where them here cos the sweat patched are noticable! cringe.. also got pooed on my a bird while wearing all white.. yum! Back at the temple we had a lot of free time, a few of us found the internet which was cool and played with the puppies.. while others napped... ON THE HARD MARBLE FLOOR! even eith a mat, sleeping bag and blanket down i still got a bruised shoulder 😞 We practised chanting, sitting meditation (in which i got bit on the bum by an ant so i couldnt sit still) and walking meditation, i liked that the most.

We've also this week visited some more temples, seen bats, basket weaved, painted courtesan dolls, zoo, discovered oreas with more stuff :P, stuffed our faces with pizza, swimming with caps, eaten alive witht he new festation os mozzies in our room after the door was left open, attacked frogs, grass hopper on libbys head! monks foot print, fell for ultraman and visited the scaryest disney land like place ever in the world!

Heading out for trekking tomo... might start with a thai massage 😊 xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0643s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb