Koh Samet!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Ko Samet
July 26th 2012
Published: July 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

After numerous bus changes and 2 ferry trips, we arrived in Koh Samet on the 24th July at 7.30pm. We left Koh Chang at 9am and were told that the journey would take 2 and a half hours...clearly they were wrong!! We arrived at the port to take us from the mainland to the island at 4.05 missing the ferry that departed at 4! We were quickly beckoned into a cafe by three expats who were keen to get to know us and offer advice and information about Koh Samet. At 5pm we boarded the boat and waited another 40 minutes before we finally set sail due to the large amount of supplies that were loaded on. The journey only took about an hour although the rough sea and violent swaying of the boat made it an hour too long!! Once we arrived in Koh Samet we set off on a brief walk to our hotel where we got settled before heading out for dinner.

25th July.

Today we had a much needed lie in followed by some brunch and a relaxing afternoon on the beach. At about 5pm we left the beach and wandered around the market shops that lined the streets. For dinner we stopped at a Mexican Restaurant before heading back to the sea front for a drink then headed back to the hotel.

26th July.

Today we headed to the beach early aware that it could be our last bit of sun for a while once back in England!! At midday we took a break and wandered around the markets again to get out of the heat before returning to our deck chairs around 3 for some afternoon sun. After dinner we packed our bags ready for our journey to Bangkok tomorrow!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 8; ; mem: 1.1mb