Koh Chang!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Eastern Thailand » Koh Chang
July 25th 2012
Published: July 25th 2012
Edit Blog Post

20th July - 23rd July.

After leaving Kampot at 8am, we finally arrived on the Thai Island of Koh Chang at 8pm after a mission of a journey including 9 vehicle changes and a ferry ride. Luckily there were about 8 of us doing the journey so we were able to stick together and ended up at the same beach resort. Our rooms were all little cabins along the beach and the communal area and restaurant was situated right on the beach edge which was brilliant and we saw some great sunsets!

The following day was largely spent on the beach with a break midday to explore the town of 'Lonely Beach'. The next day began with a 2 hour elephant trek which was great especially as at one point the seats were taken off and we rode bare back into a lake and went swimming on it. Due to a photographer we have some great and hilarious photos! We arrived back at the resort just after lunch and spent the rest of the afternoon on the beach and in the sea.

Our third day of Koh Chang was more lively! Having met another traveller the previous evening the three of us decided to hire mopeds to explore the island with the aim of ending at Klung Plu Waterfall. The moped ride only lasted about an hour for Rose after falling off, (in a slow motion elegant fashion) despite getting back on for a bit longer decided to put hers in a taxi and meet the others at the waterfall. We all arrived around 3pm, (4 hours later than intended due to getting lost) we began a 500m trek to the falls. Once there we swam until about 5pm before heading back to the resort for some much needed dinner and relaxation!

We had an early night due to a busy day and early start to Koh Samet island the following day.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb