Kampot and Kep


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Kampot
July 25th 2012
Published: July 25th 2012
Edit Blog Post

18th July.

We arrived in Sihanoukville at 6am although the bus to Kampot was not until 8am. The bus turned out to be a mini bus and there were at least 5 passengers too many so the 2 hour journey was definately not a comfortable one especially as the roads were half ruined by pot holes caused by the rain.

Once in Kampot we settled into our room before exploring the small town. Our day pretty much consisted of relaxing and walking around Kampot although there was not a great deal to do so we spent most of the time in the shade of cafes with cold drinks!

19th July.

Today we took a tuktuk to Kep, a 45 minute journey away. Once there we wandered around the crab market and tried some of the fresh catch as Kep is famous for its seafood. Due to the rain our idea of a day on the beach was not possible so instead our tuktuk driver drove us around the town pointing out various landmarks such as an old palace. At one point we attempted an over 1000m woodland climb uphill to Sunset Rock. As we were in flipflops and the level of unfitness of our tuktuk driver we only made it half way before turning back! We then headed back and had a delicious meal in Rikitikitavi!

We decided to change our plans and head to Thailand the following day in search of better weather!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 12; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0493s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb