Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
July 30th 2012
Published: July 30th 2012
Edit Blog Post

27th July

We left Koh Samet at around 8am and arrived in Bangkok at 2pm, a relatively short journey compared to what we have been used to! We were thankful that our hotel was not too far away and seemed a nice place to be finishing our travels. Our afternoon consisted of relaxing and having a look around the area we wer staying, just off of Khaosan Road. Then we headed for dinner in the restaurant in the hotlel and met some friendly Brits who were on their Honey Moon. As it was the evening of the Opening Ceremony, they said they would help us find somewhere to watch it through the night as Khaosan Road is full of bars and pubs with many big screens, as well as lots of street markets. We found an Irish Pub that would be showin git and decided to return at 3am to try and watch it the whole way through. This we did, and ended up staying up until 7am and walked back to our hotel when the sun had already risen!



28th July

As we had a cooking class starting at around midday we didn't have much time to sleep, so after a short nap, we were up again and searching for a tuk-tuk to take us to our course. However, this proved more difficult than it sounds and after many detours and asking other tuk-tuk drivers we arrived at where the course would be almost an hour late...however, it turned out there had been a problem with out booking anyway so we were offered to be included in the course the next day for free, which deifnitely turned out to be a bonus. As we then had the rest of the day left, we headed to Siam Paragon Shopping Centre, apparently the largest in South-East Asia. After wandering around and getting a taste of the more high-flying life style in Bangkok, we headed to Patpong night market which seemed worlds away from where we had spent our afternoon. Crowded with stalls selling all manners of copies of designer goods, we were more than tempted with what was on offer. Due to little sleep the previous night, we headed back for a relatively early night compared to the night before.



29th July

Our cooking class started at 9am, so we started with an early morning and this time knowing exactly where we had to go arrived in good time. The course was great (especially as it was free) and we made six dishes. This took up the whole morning and when we left the tireness was deifnitely hitting us from the lack of sleep from the last couple of days so after a drink in a cafe by the river, we headed back to our hotel to relax and pack. In the evening we headed out for out last Thai meal and wander down Khaosan Road.



30th July

After a relaxing morning, we're just waiting for our transfer to the aiport. Our flight to KL should take us around 2 hours, before a short wait for our main flight back to Heathrow.

See you at 6am England!

Advertisement



20th August 2012

cooking class?
where did you take the cooking class?? do you still have to contact information ?
3rd September 2012

Cooking class
It was at Silom Thai Cooking School Bangkok, the food we made was delicious. They have a website so contact details will be on there

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0401s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb